Horse racing picks, previews, tips and touts.
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
- 2019 Hal’s Hope Stakes PreviewRacing may still be on hiatus in Chicago for another three weeks, but that doesn't mean we aren't following locals in big races. This Saturday's card at Gulfstream is anchored by the Hal's Hope Stakes (G3), a race that marks the four-year-old debut of Illinois-bred rising star Sir Anthony. [caption
- Stormy Liberal Faces Strong Field at Santa AnitaStormy Liberal, the 2018 Eclipse Champion Turf Male, made a surprise appearance when entered in the first race at Santa Anita on Friday, February 22. He is using the race as a prep for the Al Quoz Sprint (G1) on the Dubai World Cup card at Meydan Racecourse, and needed
- Robin Goodfellow’s racing tips: Best bets for Friday, February 22Sportsmail's racing expert Robin Goodfellow dishes out his tips ahead of Friday's meetings at Exeter, Catterick, Lingfield, Warwick and Chelmsford City.
- Aqueduct Horses in Focus for Friday, February 22Race 2: Ribbonite (#3) Her rider lost the irons in the early stages last time, which prevented her from getting to the lead. Has run faster than her rivals and has done so against tougher competition. DRF Formulator Fact: Over …
- Spot Plays February 22For Friday TRACK (RACE) HORSE, MORNING LINE Aqueduct (6th) Pretentious, 8-1 (8th) Infield Is In, 4-1 Charles Town (4th) Revive and Resurge, 7-2 (8th) Navigate, 4-1 Delta Downs (1st) Heartsetsmeonfire, 3-1 (10th) Ranger Connection, 4-1 Fair Grounds (1st) Tashkent, 3-1 (4th) Irish Hustle, 5-1 Golden Gate Fields (5th) Princess Run
- Belle’s Best Bets: Gulfstream Park Longshots, Key NBA PlayAmerica’s Best Racing, Belle Premium American Vodka, and handicapper (and avid gambler) Monique Vág team up to provide horseplayers with their best bets of the weekend. Vág will identify her top picks as well as at least one longshot play of the weekend, a nice opportunity to swing for the fences on a win bet or
- $200k Buena Vista$200,000 Buena Vista (G2)Santa Anita Race 8 (Saturday, February 23, 2019: 7:00 p.m./ET; 4:00 p.m./PT) Mile on the turf (fillies and mares, four-years-old and upward) VASILIKA and Pegasus World Cup Turf (G1) competitor FAHAN MURA, both of whom are a combined 14-for-16 on the Santa Anita turf course, headline the
- $100k Hal’s Hope$100,000 Hal’s Hope (G3)Gulfstream Park Race 11 (Saturday, February 23, 2019: 4:58 p.m./ET; 1:58 p.m./PT) One mile on the main track (four-year-olds and upward) The feature race on the 13-race Saturday card does not disappoint as it features some of the fastest one-turn milers on the East Coast, including the
- $100k Downthedustyroad$100,000 Downthedustyroad Oaklawn Park Race 8 (Saturday, February 23, 2019: 5:41 p.m./ET; 2:41 p.m./PT)Six furlongs on the main track (Arkansas-bred, fillies and mares three-years-old and upward) Arkansas-bred filly and mare sprinters take flight this Saturday in the feature race on the Oaklawn program. A competitive group is lined up here,
- $100k Franklin Square$100,000 Franklin Square Aqueduct Race 8 (Saturday, February 23, 2019: 4:34 p.m./ET; 1:34 p.m./PT) Six furlongs on the main track (New York-bred, three-year-old fillies) One lucky owner of a New York-bred three-year-old filly will be rewarded with a sweet $60,000 check for winning this race – a reward for not
- Why I’m Betting Copper Town in the Hal’s Hope StakesGulfstream Park (Coglianese Photos) An unusual blend of horses is set to contest Saturday’s $100,000 Hal’s Hope Stakes (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park, and in my opinion, demanding a bit of a price in the wagering could be a wise idea. Three of the nine entrants in this one-mile test
- Thursday TimeformUS Highlight Horse: Storm Prophet is dangerous first off the claim for RudyAqueduct | Race 8 | Post Time 4:40 p.m. (ET) | Go to the FREE TimeformUS PPs Not already a TimeformUS member? Sign up A few entrants exit the seventh race on Jan. 12, which was also contested at this class …
- THE MAGIC MIKE SHOW 050: Stronach 5 PreviewThe Magic Mike Show previews the Stronach 5 sequence for Friday, February 22, 2019. Watch the live video recording of this Magic Mike Show episode here. The Magic Mike Show with Curtis “Magic” Kalleward and Mike Somich is the ultimate horse racing recap show covering all of the action from
- Betting the Exacta in the Buena Vista StakesVasilika winning the John C. Mabee Stakes (gr. II) at Del Mar - © Benoit Photo From claim to fame—that’s been the story for #9 Vasilika, who will start as the favorite in Saturday’s $200,000 Buena Vista Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita. Claimed by Hall of Fame trainer Jerry
- Hal’s Hope Stakes PreviewGulfstream Park has three stakes races on tap for Saturday, headlined by the $100,000 Hal’s Hope Stakes (G3) which goes as race 11. The race has drawn a solid field of nine, with trainer Todd Pletcher sending out two. The first is #7 Copper Town, a five-year-old with just six
- Robin Goodfellow’s racing tips: Best bets for Thursday, February 21Sportsmail's racing expert Robin Goodfellow dishes out his tips ahead of Thursday's meetings at Southwell, Sedgefield, Wolverhampton, Huntingdon and Chelmsford City.
- Aqueduct Horses in Focus for Thursday, February 21Race 2: Team Win (#6) Probably needed her first race, as she took very little money when debuting in a dirt route. Gets a positive rider upgrade to leading rider Manny Franco, indicating that she may be well-meant for her …
- Spot Plays February 21For Thursday TRACK (RACE) HORSE, MORNING LINE Aqueduct (3rd) Tequila Sunday, 5-1 (5th) Seethisquick, 9-2 Charles Town (1st) Hissy Fit, 7-2 (3rd) Twilight Appeal, 3-1 Delta Downs (4th) Jaded Rose, 3-1 (5th) Jr’s Sauvage, 7-2 Fair Grounds (1st) Daylight Deelite, 7-2 (3rd) Wild Road, 7-2 Gulfstream Park (1st) Love Sick
- Equibase Analysis: Who Looks A Threat In The Buena Vista Stakes?The Grade 2, $200,000 Buena Vista Stakes drew a field of 10 female turf milers but the race goes through Vasilika, one of the biggest success stories of 2018. Claimed for $40,000 in February, Vasilika earned $623,328 in winning nine of 11 races including eight in a row, three which
- Thursday’s Late Pick 4 at Oaklawn ParkPick 4 action is on tap again Thursday at Oaklawn Park in Hot Springs, Arkansas, starting in race 6 and running through the end of the card, race 9. The first leg is a one-mile maiden claiming event at the $12,500-$10,000 level. It is a well-bred group, with stallions such
- THE MAGIC MIKE SHOW 049: Southwest Stakes Instant ReactionThe Magic Mike Show goes live from Santa Anita Park to recap the big Presidents’ Day Weekend from around the country, including giving an instant reaction to the Grade 3, $500,000 Southwest Stakes at Oaklawn Park. Watch the live video recording of this Magic Mike Show episode here. The Magic
- Spot Plays February 20For Wednesday TRACK (RACE) HORSE, MORNING LINE Charles Town (3rd) Pro Riot, 4-1 (7th) Completed Pass, 9-2 Delta Downs (1st) Greeley’s Doll, 5-1 (2nd) My Wise Cat, 7-2 Gulfstream Park (1st) El Playon, 3-1 (3rd) Meetmeonline, 7-2 Mahoning Valley (2nd) Pink Halder, 5-1 (5th) Nicamore, 6-1 Penn National (1st) Xtracurricular,
- Free Tuesday 2/19/19 Late Pick 4 SelectionsWelcome to Free Pick 4 Tuesday. Today, we have Late Pick 4 tickets for Turf Paradise, Sunland Park, Mahoning Valley, Louisiana Downs, and Parx. Let’s hit some winners! Parx Ticket Race 5: 1,2,4,10 Race 6: 1,3,4,6 Race 7: 2,5 Race 8: 1,5,6,8 Ticket Cost: $64 (.50 cent) Turf Paradise Ticket Race
- Spot Plays February 19For Tuesday TRACK (RACE) HORSE, MORNING LINE Mahoning Valley (2nd) Tico Thunder, 9-2 (9th) Saidtomyself, 3-1 Parx Racing (3rd) River Miss, 6-1 (7th) Captain Sam, 7-2 Sunland Park (2nd) Knox Court, 4-1 (6th) Get a Notion, 6-1 Turf Paradise (3rd) Rocky Chieftain, 7-2 (4th) Blake’s Lucky Star, 8-1 The post
- Monday TimeformUS Highlight Horse: Speedy Bavaro is dangerous as he steps up in class for the Hollie HughesAqueduct | Race 8 | Post Time 4:27 p.m. (ET) | Go to the TimeformUS PPs Not already a TimeformUS member? Sign up Honor Up and Syndergaard, who would have been among the top contenders in this field, will not participate …