Horse racing picks, previews, tips and touts.
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
- Spot Plays December 11For Tuesday TRACK (RACE) HORSE, MORNING LINE Mahoning Valley (2nd) Miss Altamira, 8-1 (6th) Regal Ghost, 3-1 Mountaineer (1st) Roraima, 6-1 (9th) If I, 8-1 Parx Racing (7th) Awesome Singer, 4-1 (8th) Press Virginia, 3-1 Remington Park (2nd) Wajna Surprise, 9-2 (3rd) Zilker, 5-1 Turf Paradise (3rd) Magic Blast, 8-1
- Robin Goodfellow’s racing tips: Best bets for Monday, December 10Sportsmail's racing expert Robin Goodfellow dishes out his tips ahead of Friday's meetings at Musselburgh, Wolverhampton and Lingfield.
- Spot Plays December 10For Monday TRACK (RACE) HORSE, MORNING LINE Mahoning Valley (1st) Zipples, 7-2 (6th) Rapid Rouge, 9-2 Mountaineer (3rd) Cowboy Cheyenne, 8-1 (7th) Wildcat Lite, 6-1 Parx Racing (5th) Ride on Faith, 3-1 (8th) Aussie Mist, 6-1 Remington Park (5th) Natalie’s Mischief, 4-1 (9th) Between the Arches, 7-2 Turf Paradise (5th)
- Sunday TimeformUS Highlight Horse: Cariba should benefit from experience in her second startAqueduct | Race 5 | Post Time 2:47 p.m. (ET) | Go to the TimeformUS PPs Not already a TimeformUS member? Sign up There are some very intriguing first-time starters in this maiden event. The one that is likely to attract …
- JEN’S WOODBINE SELECTIONS SUNDAY DECEMBER 8 20181st Race – Woodbine – Sunday, December 9th, 2018 CLAIMING. 1 1/16 Miles Synthetic. Purse $16,000. FOR FILLIES AND MARES THREE YEARS OLD AND UPWARD. Three Year Olds, 120 lbs.; Older, 123 lbs. Non-winners Of A Race At A Mile Or Over Since November 9 Allowed 2 lbs. Claiming Price
- DAILY SELECTIONS FOR AQUEDUCT RACETRACK – SUNDAY, DECEMBER 09, 2018 // POST TIME – 12:50 P.M. EST- DAILY HANDICAPPING FOR DECEMBER 09 - RACE 1: 1 - EXCESS CAPACITY 7-5 2 - MOM I FORGIVE YOU 2-1
- Aqueduct Horses in Focus for Sunday, December 9Race 5: Cariba (#3) Was very green in her debut, attempting to lug in throughout the stretch drive. Had trained well prior to her first start, and has a right to do much better with that experience under her belt. …
- Spot Plays December 9For Sunday TRACK (RACE) HORSE, MORNING LINE Aqueduct (5th) Cariba, 7-2 (7th) Langdarma, 4-1 Fair Grounds (2nd) Hannah Banana, 7-2 (3rd) Cats Beauty, 3-1 Golden Gate Fields (9th) Fire to the Wire, 7-2 (12th) Sith Lord, 6-1 Gulfstream Park (1st) Souper Wish, 9-2 (10th) Eclipsed Moon, 10-1 Laurel Park (6th)
- Saturday TimeformUS Highlight Horse: Bluegrass Jamboree just keeps improvingAqueduct | Race 8 | Post Time 3:47 p.m. (ET) | Go to the TimeformUS PPs Not already a TimeformUS member? Sign up Pauseforthecause (#1) is a deserving favorite off the strength of her third-place finish behind top New York-breds Highway …
- Aqueduct Picks & Analysis — Saturday, December 8, 2018, by Mike CollinsFree Picks & Analysis — Who Do Ya Like? Saturday, December 8, 2018 Aqueduct Winter is coming, and I don’t mean Westeros. The cold has set in and the racing in Ozone Park will move exclusively to the dirt for the next few months, save a few grass races that
- Gulfstream Park Picks & Analysis — Saturday, December 8, 2018, by Jay Cymerman (Clasico de Caribe Day)Free Picks & Analysis — Who Do Ya Like? Saturday, December 8, 2018 Gulfstream Park RACE 1 8 – PAULA ANDREA (4/1) – Improving daughter of Maclean’s Music (Distorted Humor) was ultra impressive in breaking her maiden last time at GPW. She’s been working smartly since and gets the services
- JEN’S WOODBINE SELECTIONS SATURDAY DECEMBER 8 20181st Race – Woodbine – Saturday, December 8th, 2018 MAIDEN CLAIMING. 6 Furlongs Synthetic. Purse $20,800. FOR MAIDENS, FILLIES AND MARES THREE YEARS OLD AND UPWARD. Three Year Olds, 120 lbs.; Older, 123 lbs. Claiming Price $16,000, if for $15,000, allowed 2 lbs. (01:00PM) (6) Wager Types: Rolling Double /
- Robin Goodfellow’s racing tips: Best bets for Saturday, December 8Sportsmail's racing expert Robin Goodfellow dishes out his tips ahead of Saturday's meetings at Wetherby, Wolverhampton, Sandown, Aintree and Chepstow.
- SEASON 2 Episode 15 – Gulfstream Park Stakes Races for 12-8-2018Expert Horse Player Steve Duckhorn makes picks on Stakes Races at Gulfstream for 12-8-2018. Social Media: Twitter@offthechartshr, Facebook @offthechartshorseracing, available on iTunes, and favorite podcatcher. Google Podcast. Also available on Stitcher Radio , TuneIn Radio, Amazon Echo, and Spotify. Last Week Review: 5 Stakes Races - 1 Top Pick Winner.Overall
- IRISH MARVEL Impresses in the Pat Whitworth Illinois Debutante[caption id="attachment_8709" align="alignleft" width="300"] Irish Marvel sails home in the 2018 Pat Whitworth Illinois Debutante. (Photo: Four Footed Fotos)[/caption] STICKNEY/CICERO, IL -- Two-year-old Illinois-registered fillies took centre stage at Hawthorne in today's Pat Whitworth Illinois Debutante, in which Irish Marvel sharpened the focus on her as an Illinois-bred filly to
- Aqueduct Horses in Focus for Saturday, December 8Race 3: Fight On Lucy (#3) The winner of her last race registered another victory on Friday, and others that finished behind her have returned to run well. Was trying to lug in during the stretch last time and still …
- Los Alamitos Futurity Stakes Racing Roundup©2018 Calvin L. Carter. All rights reserved.The Road to the Kentucky Derby takes us to California this Saturday where Hall of Fame Trainer Bob Baffert will send IMPROBABLE to the starting gate as the 6-5 morning line favorite in the $300,000 Los Alamitos Cash Call Futurity (G1) at Los Alamitos
- Equibase Analysis: Early Derby Hopefuls Do Battle In Los Alamitos FuturitySaturday's Grade 1, $300,000 Los Alamitos Cash Call Futurity, a “Road to the Kentucky Derby” points race drew a sparse field of six with all having promise, particularly based on recent history. The winner of the race last year was McKinzie, an early Derby favorite before being sidelined in March.
- Spot Plays December 8For Saturday TRACK (RACE) HORSE, MORNING LINE Aqueduct (2nd) Sing for Beauty, 5-1 (4th) Not That Brady, 3-1 Charles Town (3rd) To the Hilt, 3-1 (5th) Candy Castle, 9-2 Delta Downs (7th) Lons Finnish, 9-2 (8th) Belle Force, 6-1 Fair Grounds (4th) Two Utes, 9-2 (6th) Wabash Cannonball, 7-2 Golden
- THE MAGIC MIKE SHOW 032: Los Alamitos Late Pick 4The Magic Mike Show previews the Los Alamitos Late Pick 4 for Saturday, December 8, 2018. The Magic Mike Show with Curtis “Magic” Kalleward and Mike Somich is the ultimate horse racing recap show covering all of the action from each and every weekend. Listen to these Racing Dudes weekly
- Friday TimeformUS Highlight Horse: Flat Calm will appreciate turnback in distanceAqueduct | Race 6 | Post Time 2:47 p.m. (ET) | Go to the TimeformUS PPs Not already a TimeformUS member? Sign up Cartwheel (#2) is likely to go off as the favorite in this spot off the strength of her …
- Handicapper’s Corner: Los Alamitos Futurity (G1)Baffert Aiming for Five Straight Futurity WinsBy: Laurie Ross, Pedigree PowerThe Los Alamitos Futurity (formerly known as the CashCall Futurity) is the last Grade One race of the year held for two-year-old colts, and the top four will earn points towards a berth in the 2019 Kentucky Derby. Since the
- JEN’S WOODBINE SELECTIONS FRIDAY DECEMBER 7 20181st Race – Woodbine – Friday, December 7th, 2018 MAIDEN CLAIMING. 1 1/16 Miles Synthetic. Purse $30,700. FOR MAIDENS, TWO YEARS OLD. Weight, 120 lbs. Claiming Price $32,000. (01:00PM) (7) Wager Types: Rolling Double / Exacta / 0.20 Trifecta / 0.20 Superfecta 0.20 Pick 3 (Races 1-2-3) 3 Our Uncle
- Betting a Cold Exacta in the Louisiana Champions Day Sprint StakesMonte Man winning the Heitai Stakes - Photo by Hodges Photography / Lou Hodges, Jr While some handicappers understandably shy away from betting heavy favorites, under the right circumstances, I’m more than happy to back a short-priced contender if I think I can make a nice score in the exotic
- How to Bet the Valedictory StakesMelmich - Michael Burns Photography Want to take on a difficult handicapping challenge this weekend? Then come join me in analyzing Sunday’s $125,000 Valedictory Stakes (gr. III) at Woodbine. The uncommon (and very testing) 1 ¾-mile distance would make this race tricky to handicap even if it were being run