Horse racing picks, previews, tips and touts.
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
- Spot Plays April 22For Monday TRACK (RACE) HORSE, MORNING LINE Laurel Park (3rd) Reds Winning Call, 9-2 (5th) Call Me Jelly Roll, 3-1 Mahoning Valley (2nd) Menacing, 3-1 (7th) Steve Came Thru, 7-2 Parx Racing (1st) Dereya, 4-1 (8th) Strong Breeze, 15-1 Turf Paradise (4th) Here’slookinatya, 3-1 (8th) Bourque, 3-1 The post Spot
- WOODBINE SELECTIONS: SUNDAY APRIL 21 2019RACE 1- 5 fur. starter/optional 3-1-2-4 3 -MISS FORESTER won first time out in 2018 at 5 furlongs and had a speedy workout on April 9 for trainer Scott Fairlie. 1 – COBRA SOPHIE also won first time out in 2018 against better and she is also from
- Spot Plays April 21For Sunday TRACK (RACE) HORSE, MORNING LINE Golden Gate Fields (4th) Keck, 9-2 (8th) Awesome Silver, 7-2 Gulfstream Park (3rd) Athera, 7-2 (10th) Flora Fantasy, 8-1 Lone Star Park (5th) Imaginary Image, 8-1 (9th Dreamin Tiger, 4-1 Santa Anita (7th) Miss Lady Ann, 4-1 (8th) Holly Hundy, 3-1 Sunland Park
- Saturday TimeformUS Highlight Horse: Improving maiden Alphadora a threat in NYSS Park Avenue divisionAqueduct | Race 8 | Post Time 5:36 p.m. (ET) | Go to the TimeformUS PPs Not already a TimeformUS member? Sign up Newly Minted (#5) and Stonesintheroad (#8) are likely to vie for favoritism in this Park Avenue division …
- Free Keeneland Selections / Friday 4-19-19I have been looking ahead and wanted to whet your whistle. – I have looked over the Keeneland card and came up with some free selections. But, you’ll want to download the Winning Ponies E-Z Win Forms to find the maximum value. – Sit back and get ready for some
- Robin Goodfellow’s racing tips: Best bets for Saturday, April 20Sportsmail's racing expert Robin Goodfellow dishes out his tips ahead of Saturday's meetings at Musselburgh, Haydock, Kempton, Newton Abbott, Carlisle, Nottingham and Brighton.
- SEASON 2 Episode 33 – Graded Stakes at Keeneland and Santa Anita for 4-20-2019Expert Horse Player Steve Duckhorn makes picks on Keeneland and Santa Anita Graded Stakes Races for 4-20-2019. Social Media: Twitter@offthechartshr, Facebook @offthechartshorseracing, available on iTunes, and favorite podcatcher. Google Podcast. Also available on Stitcher Radio , TuneIn Radio, Amazon Echo, and Spotify. Last Week Review: 4 Stakes Races - 2
- Equibase Analysis: Who Looks Best In Charles Town Classic?This year's edition of the Grade 1, $1 million Charles Town Classic brings together a field of 10 plus one also-eligible and includes last year's winner Something Awesome as well as Imperative, who won the race in 2014 and again in 2017. However, both previous winners enter this year's race
- Spot Plays April 20For Saturday TRACK (RACE) HORSE, MORNING LINE Aqueduct (5th) Shadow Ruler, 7-2 (8th) Kid Is Frosty, 5-1 Charles Town (5th) Best Shot, 7-2 (13th) Frathouse Music, 9-2 Emerald Downs (2nd) Kenzie Blake, 8-1 (7th) My Chief, 9-2 Evangeline Downs (1st) Untuttable Speed, 4-1 (4th) Becky’s Dude, 5-1 Golden Gate Fields
- Pick 4 Plays for Charles Town Classic DayLake Ponchatrain winning the Pink Ribbon Stakes at Charles Town - Coady Photography If you’re planning to watch and wager on the $1 million Charles Town Classic (G2) Saturday at Charles Town, I strongly recommend you tune in early to catch the numerous stakes races earlier on the card. Eight stakes
- Handicapper’s Corner: 2019 Charlestown Classic (G2)Charlestown Classic Over and UnderlaysBy: The TurkWelcome friends to the Turk and the Little Turk Blog, now in our eleventh year of blogging and celebrating 33 years of horse playing, if that's something to be celebrated (I know it is by my rabid audience of readers.) I'd like to thank The
- Aqueduct Horses in Focus for Saturday, April 20Race 5: Candygram (#4) The Pace Projector is predicting that he will be on the lead in a situation favoring the front-runner. Ran better than it seems in both of his starts at Gulfstream Park this winter. Jimmy Jerkens gets …
- Friday TimeformUS Highlight Horse: Orbilicious should appreciate the switch to turfAqueduct | Race 5 | Post Time 3:36 p.m. (ET) | Go to the TimeformUS PPs Not already a TimeformUS member? Sign up Pound Note (#12) may be the favorite here despite drawing a difficult outside post position. She was facing …
- Alwaysmining Stands Out in Federico Tesio StakesWhen six horses line up to contest the $125,000 Federico Tesio Stakes at Laurel Park, it’s hard to imagine any outcome other than a resounding victory for #2 Alwaysmining. On paper the son of Stay Thirsty towers over the field and will be an overwhelming favorite to claim victory in
- How to Bet the 2019 Charles Town ClassicWar Story - Photo by Scott Serio/Eclipse Sportswire/Breeders Cup) The $1 million Charles Town Classic (G2) at Charles Town will be contested for the 11th time Saturday, and the previous ten renewals have produced some clear-cut clues to help us identify the most likely winner. Favorites have not been very
- The Magic Mike Show 068: Charles Town All-Stakes Pick 4 PreviewThe Magic Mike Show welcomes Racing Dudes’ own Aaron Halterman as he joins Mike Somich to discuss the $100,000 All-Stakes Pick 4 for Saturday, April 20th’s loaded Charles Town card. Afterwards, Mike and Aaron give out their early Kentucky Derby selections. The Magic Mike Show with Curtis “Magic” Kalleward and
- WOODBINE SELECTIONS: SATURDAY APRIL 20, 2019BEST BET: BIG MAMBA – RACE 1 LONGSHOT – HARPER PM – RACE 10 RACE 1- 5 fur maiden optional 2-6-1-3 2 – BIG MAMBA – From the Francine Villeneuve stable that won 3 of first 4 of its starters in 2018 and was 11 for 37 (30%) during
- The Nomination Is In: The Charles Town Classic G2Welcome friends to the Turk and the Little Turk Blog, now in our eleventh year of blogging and celebrating 33 years of horse playing, if that's something to be celebrated (I know it is by my rabid audience of readers.)I'd like to thank The Thorofan, and the Handicapper's Corner, for
- DAILY SELECTIONS FOR AQUEDUCT RACETRACK – SATURDAY, APRIL 20, 2019 // POST TIME – 1:30 P.M. EST- DAILY HANDICAPPING FOR APRIL 20 - RACE 1: 3 - RIVER ECHO 5-2 5 - STILL KRZ 3-1
- Aqueduct Horses in Focus for Friday, April 19Race 4: Archumybaby (#2) Ran down the talented Summer Punch last time out. Will win this race if she merely repeats her last effort. Gary Gullo gets a 93 TimeformUS Trainer Rating second off the claim. 3-1 on ML ——— …
- Mike Maker-Trained Runners Loom Large in Elkhorn StakesZulu Alpha winning the Sycamore Stakes (G3) - Keeneland Photo Is it possible trainer Mike Maker could sweep the trifecta in Saturday’s $250,000 Dixiana Elkhorn Stakes (G2) going 1 1/2 miles at Keeneland? I don’t think it’s a far-fetched notion. Certainly a victory would come as no surprise. Maker’s former
- $200k Kona Goldby Tom Quigley $200,000 Kona Gold (G2) Santa Anita Park Race 5 (Saturday, April 20, 2019; 6:00 p.m./ET; 3:00 p.m./PT) Six and one half furlongs on the main track (three-year-olds and up) Named after one of the best horses legendary conditioner Bruce Headley ever trained, the 2019 Kona Gold (G2)
- $125k Whimsicalby Tom Quigley $125,000 Whimsical (G3) Woodbine Race 8 (Saturday, April 20, 2019: 4:51 p.m./ET; 1:51 p.m./PT) Six furlongs (fillies and mares, four-years-old and up) Woodbine begins its seven month, 2019 thoroughbred meet this Saturday with a solid 10-race Opening Day program. Let’s dig deep into Woodbine’s feature race of
- $1M Charles Town Classicby Tom Quigley $1,000,000 Charles Town Classic (G2) Charles Town Race 11 (Saturday, April 20, 2019: 5:37 p.m./ET; 2:37 p.m./PT) One mile and an eighth (4-year-olds and up) The most prestigious race of the year in West Virginia is this Saturday, the Charles Town Classic (G2), with a cool one
- $250K Dixiana Elkhornby Tom Quigley $250,000 Dixiana Elkhorn (G2) Keeneland Race 9 (Saturday, April 20, 2019; 5:30 p.m./ET; 2:30 p.m./PT) One mile and a half on the turf (four-year-olds and up) Ten turf marathoners are set to compete for a quarter million dollar purse with the rolling hills of Lexington, Kentucky to