Horse racing picks, previews, tips and touts.
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
- Busan Friday: Race-By-Race Preview (March 23)The weekend’s Korean racing gets underway at Busan on Friday with 10 races from11:30 to 18:00. Here are the previews: Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million Three-year-old maidens only here and ten of the are racing for the very first time. While we often value actual
- 2018 Sunland Derby and Sunland Park Oaks PreviewIn addition to Fair Grounds (which we preview in a separate piece), the Derby trail and the Oaks trail both sweep through Sunland Park this weekend. Sunday's card at the New Mexico racetrack features a pair of points races: the Grade 3, $800,000 Sunland Derby for open company, and the $200,000 Sunland Park Oaks for
- Spot Plays March 22For Thursday TRACK (RACE) HORSE, MORNING LINE Charles Town (4th) Wacos Valentine, 5-1 (6th) Holy Chrome, 3-1 Fair Grounds (1st) Diva’s Ransom, 5-1 (3rd) Esperanza Diamond, 9-2 Golden Gate Fields (2nd) Red Rose Lady, 5-1 (7th) Fast as Cash, 6-1 Gulfstream Park (3rd) Mauras Forever, 7-2 (5th) Untruthful Sonnet, 7-2
- The American St. Leger, 2012-2017I thought the American St. Leger was here to stay. I know, this probably makes me a fool. This is Illinois, after all. Sometimes we're not even sure if horse racing is here to stay in this state: with purse money uncertain, with stallions and broodmares wandering out of the state, with
- Lucullan Looks Live in Muniz Memorial HandicapSynchrony winning the Fair Grounds Handicap (gr. III) - Hodges Photography/Lou Hodges, Jr. Finding the winner of Saturday’s $300,000 Muniz Memorial Handicap (gr. II) at Fair Grounds could be more or less akin to finding a needle in a haystack. Held at “about” nine furlongs on the turf course, the
- 2018 Louisiana Derby and Fair Grounds Oaks PreviewSaturday at Fair Grounds features the first of the 100-point Derby and Oaks preps, down in the Big Easy: the Louisiana Derby (G2) for open company, and the Fair Grounds Oaks (G2) for fillies. Both races drew solid, competitive fields: ten horses in the Louisiana Derby, and nine in the
- Classy Act Takes Center Stage in Fair Grounds OaksWonder Gadot winning the Demoiselle Stakes (gr. II) at Aqueduct - Photo by NYRA/Adam Coglianese Photography If you’re looking for a horse to single in the multi-race wagers on Saturday at Fair Grounds, I would recommend that you check out the field for the $400,000 TwinSpires.com Fair Grounds Oaks (gr.
- Equibase Analysis: Who Has The Advantage In Louisiana Derby?The 105th running of the Grade 2, $1 million Louisiana Derby features the rematch between Bravazo and Snapper Sinclair, who battled head and head down the stretch five weeks ago in the Grade 2 Risen Star Stakes, with Bravazo coming out on top by a nose and returning $42 for
- Spot Plays March 21For Wednesday TRACK (RACE) HORSE, MORNING LINE Charles Town (3rd) Gab’s Lil Leaguer, 4-1 (5th) Silken Lady, 3-1 Fair Grounds (3rd) Divine Defined, 3-1 (4th) Domino Run, 7-2 Gulfstream Park (2nd) Lil Bay Corvette, 3-1 (6th) Dawn Lightning, 6-1 Mahoning Valley (1st) Don’t Hold Me Now, 3-1 (4th) Absolute Paradise,
- Free Tuesday 3/20/18 Late Pick 4 SelectionsWelcome to Free Pick 4 Tuesday. Today, we have Late Pick 4 tickets for Turf Paradise, Parx Racing, Mahoning Valley, Louisiana Downs, Will Rogers Downs, and Sunland Park. Good luck today! Will Rogers Ticket Race 6: 5,4 Race 7: 5,6,7,1,4,2 Race 8: 2,1 Race 9: 6,3,4,9 Ticket Cost: $48 (.50 cent) Louisiana Downs Ticket
- Spot Plays March 20For Tuesday TRACK (RACE) HORSE, MORNING LINE Mahoning Valley (1st) Mixmaker, 8-1 (7th) Princess Brooke, 9-2 Parx Racing (3rd) Millers Cave, 8-1 (9th) Coupella, 7-2 Sunland Park (3rd) Just Lookin Around, 5-1 (7th) E P Who, 10-1 Turf Paradise (3rd) Runs Sweet, 7-2 (8th) Buck Magic, 9-2 The post Spot
- Robin Goodfellow’s racing tips: Best bets for Monday, March 19 | Daily Mail OnlineSportsmail's racing expert Robin Goodfellow dishes out his tips ahead of Monday's meetings at Newcastle and Newmarket.
- Spot Plays March 19For Monday TRACK (RACE) HORSE, MORNING LINE Mahoning Valley (2nd) Strongbow, 3-1 (7th) Diakon, 4-1 Parx Racing (4th) Banana Anna, 7-2 (9th) Curtis, 3-1 Turf Paradise (5th) Put Sarah On, 3-1 (8th) Sea My Moves, 6-1 The post Spot Plays March 19 appeared first on Brisnet.
- The GQ Approach – Laurel March 18 * The Racing BizThe GQ Approach features full-card selections from Laurel Park, including a daily Best Bet, Longshot Play, and multi-race wagers. The post The GQ Approach – Laurel March 18 appeared first on The Racing Biz.
- Oaklawn Park Picks & Analysis — Sunday, March 18, 2018Free Picks & Analysis — Who Do Ya Like? Sunday, March 18, 2018 Oaklawn Park There’s a 9-race program today at Oaklawn Park, and we have FREE picks & analysis from Aaron Hayes (@ahaze24) of the program. Aaron filled in here on Danonymous last year, and we’re happy to have him providing picks
- Sunday’s TimeformUS Highlight Horse: Miss Sizzle’s speed makes her dangerous despite the class riseAqueduct | Race 7 | Post Time 4:25 p.m. (ET) | Go to the TimeformUS PPs Not already a TimeformUS member? Sign up This race is totally wide-open, as you can make a valid case for any of the eight …
- Aqueduct Horses in Focus for Sunday, March 18thRace 3: Forever Liesl (#4) Michelle Nevin gets an 84 Trainer Rating with horses coming off layoffs of this type. Faced some solid competition last year at Laurel. Figures to offer better value than the favorite Smile Big, who has …
- Gulfstream Park Picks & Analysis — Sunday, March 18, 2018Free Picks & Analysis — Who Do Ya Like? Sunday, March 18, 2018 Gulfstream Park Gulfstream Park’s got a thirteen-race bonanza of a card on Sunday, with no stakes, but plenty of great races anyway. The first post time will be at 12:00 PM EDT. We’re happy to have Paul
- Santa Anita opinions for Sunday, March 18Preview: Just a personal note in that I’m not when I will return to handicapping this coming week as I’m having surgical procedure on Monday. Don’t expect to be out long, but you never say never. Thanks for reading and good luck. FIRST RACE: 1. Mining Diamonds, 2. Just Be
- Aqueduct Picks & Analysis — Sunday, March 18, 2018Free Picks & Analysis — Who Do Ya Like? Sunday, March 18, 2018 Aqueduct There’s nine races at Aqueduct on this Sunday afternoon, with no stakes races, but plenty of great action nonetheless. Steven Schwartz (@albundypolkhigh) will be providing FREE picks & analysis of all the racing action. Be sure to give Steven
- DAILY SELECTIONS FOR AQUEDUCT RACETRACK – SUNDAY, MARCH 18, 2018 // POST TIME – 1:20 P.M. EST- DAILY HANDICAPPING FOR MARCH 18 - RACE 1: 5 - WHISKEY RUN 10-1
- Spot Plays March 18For Sunday TRACK (RACE) HORSE, MORNING LINE Aqueduct (1st) Givetheman a Cigar, 7-2 (9th) Tough Old Bird, 6-1 Fair Grounds (1st) Girls Life, 3-1 (3rd) Louisiana Lion, 5-1 Golden Gate Fields (4th) On Trust, 3-1 (7th) Kona Breeze, 3-1 Gulfstream Park (2nd) Run for the Cup, 9-2 (10th) Miles of
- Saturday’s TimeformUS Highlight Horse: Sounds Delicious is ready for the step up in class in the CorrectionAqueduct | Race 8 | Post Time 4:56 p.m. (ET) | Go to the TimeformUS PPs Not already a TimeformUS member? Sign up The Correction drew an incredibly deep field of sprinters for a listed stakes in late winter. The …
- Aqueduct Horses in Focus for Saturday, March 17thRace 2: California Night (#3) Ran a competitive speed figure in his debut, which was validated by runner-up Holland Park’s subsequent efforts. Could control the early pace on the front end as fellow stretch-outs Go Get the Munny and Gleason …
- The GQ Approach – Laurel March 17 * The Racing BizThe GQ Approach features full-card selections from Laurel Park, including a daily Best Bet, Longshot Play, and multi-race wagers. The post The GQ Approach – Laurel March 17 appeared first on The Racing Biz.