Horse racing picks, previews, tips and touts.
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
- Spot Plays May 22For Tuesday TRACK (RACE) HORSE, MORNING LINE Finger Lakes (4th) Mandolin Wins, 8-1 (7th) Bluemoonofsaratoga, 10-1 Indiana Grand (1st) Radiantrithym, 5-1 (3rd) Baytown Jimbo, 10-1 Louisiana Downs (2nd) Picacho Peak, 7-2 (6th) Warned, 8-1 Mountaineer (2nd) Empire Blue, 9-2 (8th) I Am the King, 8-1 Parx Racing (2nd) Final Blessing,
- Betting First-Time Starters in Maiden Claiming RacesTurf racing at Belmont Park - Photo by Coglianese Photography Once in a while, handicappers will come across a maiden race filled with horses that seemingly lack the desire or inclination to win. This can be particularly evident in maiden claiming races, the lowest category of races for horses that
- JEN’S WOODBINE SELECTIONS MONDAY MAY 21 2018RACE 1 – POST TIME – 1:00 PM Rolling Double / Exacta / 0.20 Trifecta / 0.20 Superfecta 0.20 Pick 3 (Races 1-2-3) Purse $34,000. (Plus $6,800 – State Bred) (Plus $6,800 – Other Sources) (Plus $6,300 – Other Sources). For Maidens, Three Years Old And Upward Ontario Sired Maidens
- Los Al: Robert Adair Kindergarten FuturityThis week's episode of the Los Ponies Podcast is now out!We apologize in advance for some bad audio static and noise at times. Seems like something happened during the uploading/editing process. Instead of taking it down and doing it again I decided to leave it up since we are getting
- Spot Plays May 21For Monday TRACK (RACE) HORSE, MORNING LINE Finger Lakes (2nd) Withaflourish, 4-1 (5th) Caelifera, 3-1 Hastings Park (1st) Astartobe, 3-1 (3rd) Royal Briar, 4-1 Louisiana Downs (6th) Tin Roof Rusted, 7-2 (7th) Salutetheprince, 7-2 Mountaineer (1st) Run to Freedom, 3-1 (9th) Savethetangoforme, 5-1 Parx Racing (2nd) Buzz With Alex, 8-1
- Sunday TimeformUS Highlight Horse: Swift One can step forward second off the layoffBelmont Park | Race 8 | Post Time 5:38 p.m. (ET) | Go to the TimeformUS PPs Not already a TimeformUS member? Sign up The horse to beat in this spot is Appealing Henry (#7), who gets some necessary class …
- Santa Anita opinions for Sunday, May 20FIRST RACE: 1. Cool Your Jets, 2. Rule Number Eight, 3. Clem Dela Cle. LONG SHOT: Older Brother. SECOND RACE: 1. Junior Gilliam, 2. Carville, 3. Madelyn’s Wild Max. LONG SHOT: Gentrified. THIRD RACE: 1. Sir Eddie, 2. Fly First Class, 3. Captain Buzzkill. LONG SHOT: Hit the Seam. FOURTH
- Princess La Quinta Breaks Through in the Arlington MatronWith a royal wedding dominating the news, it only makes sense that a princess would have her day. And so it was today at Arlington International Racecourse, when Princess La Quinta drove past Daddy's Boo to win the Grade 3 Arlington Matron. The victory was Princess La Quinta's first victory in
- JEN’S WOODBINE SELECTIONS SUNDAY MAY 20 2018RACE 1 – POST TIME – 1:00 PM Rolling Double / Exacta / 0.20 Trifecta / 0.20 Superfecta 0.20 Pick 3 (Races 1-2-3) Purse $61,000. (Plus $18,300 – Other Sources) (Plus $12,000 – State Bred) (Plus $8,925 – Other Sources). For Maidens, Fillies Two Years Old. Weight, 119 Lbs. Four
- Spot Plays May 20For Sunday TRACK (RACE) HORSE, MORNING LINE Belmont Park (3rd) Summer Bourbon, 3-1 (6th) Space Captain, 8-1 Belterra Park (2nd) Notaninja, 7-2 (4th) Cahokia, 5-1 Churchill Downs (4th) One River Place, 4-1 (7th) Blue Wings, 6-1 Emerald Downs (7th) Lucky Tiger, 7-2 (9th) Diva Champ, 4-1 Golden Gate Fields (1st)
- 2018 Preakness Day PicksWe want you to form your opinion, but in case you're curious here are our picks for the 2018 Preakness card.
- Saturday TimeformUS Highlight Horse: An improved Mentality can upset the Soaring SoftlyBelmont Park | Race 9 | Post Time 5:33 p.m. (ET) | Go to the TimeformUS PPs Not already a TimeformUS member? Sign up Chad Brown holds a pretty strong hand in this stakes, as both of his fillies appear …
- JEN’S WOODBINE SELECTIONS SATURDAY MAY 19 2018UPDATING 9 a.m. RACE 1 – POST TIME – 1:00 PM Rolling Double / Exacta / 0.20 Trifecta / 0.20 Superfecta 0.20 Pick 3 (Races 1-2-3) Purse $39,800. (Plus $8,000 – State Bred) (Plus $8,000 – Other Sources) (Plus $6,300 – Other Sources). For Fillies And Mares Three Years Old
- 2018 Preakness Stakes Day Stakes picksAs noted below, the picks for the Preakness Stakes are in a previous post, to which a link is provided. The weather looks pleasant after some possible early morning showers that shouldn’t get in the way of a fast track for all but the early races. Race 5 | James W.
- Sunday Seoul & Busan: Race-By-Race Preview (May 20)Sunday sees a big day of racing at both Seoul and Busan. In the capital there are 11 races from 10:45 to 18:00, while at Busan there are 6 from 12:40 to 17:05. Moon Se Young bagged 2 winners on his Saturday return. Can he add to them on Sunday?
- Monmouth Park Picks & Analysis — Saturday, May 19, 2018Free Picks & Analysis — Who Do Ya Like? Saturday, May 19, 2018 Monmouth Park The eyes of the racing world will be on Baltimore this Saturday, but Monmouth’s got some good racing, too. There’s 11 races on the program, with the first one going off at 12:50 PM EDT.
- Pimlico Picks & Analysis — Saturday, May 19, 2018 (Preakness day)Free Picks & Analysis — Who Do Ya Like? Saturday, May 19, 2018 Pimlico (Preakness day) Today’s the biggest day of the Maryland racing season: Preakness day! Pimlico’s got a tremendous fourteen-race card on Saturday, headlined by the second jewel in the Triple Crown, the Preakness Stakes. That will go
- Santa Anita opinions for Saturday, May 19 (Plus Preakness)Preview: Isn’t 12 races overkill in Arcadia? Of course, not as bad as 14 at Pimlico. Really? FIRST RACE: 1. Red Livy, 2. Giant Mongolian, 3. Girl Downstairs. LONG SHOT: Lori’s Attitude. SECOND RACE: 1. Carnivorous, 2. Takahiro’s Dream, 3. Luck’s Royal Flush. LONG SHOT: Takeo Squared. THIRD RACE: 1.
- Los Al: CouldashouldadidCouldashouldadid is the lock tonight.Picks & Plays:Los AlR1: 3-4-6R2: 6-5-4R3: 5-4-6R4: 1-3-2R5: 6-2-8R6: 4-8-7R7: 2-4-8R8: 8-2-3$1 EARLY P43,4,664,51,2,3,4,7,8$36$1 LATE P462,4,7,82,41,2,3,8$32$10 LATE DOUBLER7: 2R8: 2,8$20LOS PONIES LOCKRACE 2#6 COULDASHOULDADID-BUMPED AT START-CHASED LONE SPEED WHO WON NEXT OUT-COMES OUT OF A FAST RACE
- Justify picking another horse? Not hereA bog at Pimlico Race Course should only helped the Kentucky Derby winner Justify in his bid to take the middle leg of the Triple Crown. Regardless, Justify seems far ahead of his peers, even if he were to regress a bit. It’s a battle for second, and that’s wide
- DAILY SELECTIONS FOR BELMONT PARK – SUNDAY, MAY 20, 2018 // POST TIME – 1:30 P.M. EST- DAILY HANDICAPPING FOR MAY 20 - RACE 1: 7 - HEY BIG GUY 5-1
- Belmont Park Horses in Focus for Saturday, May 19thRace 4: Cloud Control (#6) Participated in an extremely fast early pace last time (indicated by red color-coding in PPs) that fell apart late. Has run better than it appears in both starts since the claim by Tom Morley. Should …
- Best Bets: Stakes Plays for Preakness WeekendAmerica’s Best Racing and handicapper (and avid gambler) Monique Vág team up to provide horseplayers with their best bets of the weekend in a regular feature blog that will run on Fridays. For some posts, Vág will try to identify a longshot play of the weekend, a nice opportunity to swing for the
- Handicapper’s Corner: 2018 Preakness StakesWho We Like in the 2018 Preakness Stakes Congratulations to Reinier Macatangay & Robert Marks for picking Justify on top in the Kentucky Derby. The collective minds of the ThoroFan Handicappers take their best shot at the 2018 Preakness. The consensus comes down to Justify vs. Good Magic for the
- Brian Nadeau’s Road to the Triple Crown: The PreaknessPimlico: The Grade I, $1.5 million Preakness at 1 3/16 miles by Brian Nadeau Quip and Florent Geroux after winning the Tampa Bay Derby. SV Photography #1 Quip (12-1): GII Tampa Bay Derby winner gutted it out for a well-beaten second behind the then-undefeated Magnum Moon in the GI Arkansas