Horse racing picks, previews, tips and touts.
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
- Spot Plays May 18For Saturday TRACK (RACE) HORSE, MORNING LINE Arlington Park (8th) War Beauty, 5-1 (9th) Roar of the Lion, 6-1 Belmont Park (1st) Solitary Gem, 4-1 (7th) Classic Lady, 3-1 Belterra Park (2nd) Gio’s Cookie Star, 5-1 (6th) City Life, 8-1 Canterbury Park (5th) Ari Gia, 6-1 (9th) Sierrita, 9-2 Charles
- Handicapper’s Corner: 2019 Preakness Stakes (G1)ThoroFan Handicappers Preaking Out! The collective minds of the ThoroFan Handicappers take their best shot at the 2018 Preakness. Picks are for first through third place and their best longshot bomb. Good Luck to everyone and Get Your Preak On! HANDICAPPER FIRST SECOND THIRD LONGSHOT Michael Amo Bourbon War Improbable Owendale
- Friday TimeformUS Highlight Horse: Candygram is in career form, will appreciate cutback to a mileBelmont | Race 5 | Post Time 3:35 p.m. (ET) | Go to the TimeformUS PPs Not already a TimeformUS member? Sign up Its All Relevant (#3) is going to attract some support, and I’m fairly skeptical of this runner. He’s …
- 2019 Black-Eyed Susan Day stakes picksRace 7 | Skipat Stakes | 6 furlongs 1. Chalon 2. Estilo Femenino 3. Maybe Wicked 4. Everlasting Secret Comment: Chalon towers over this field on class as long as she’s ready in 2019 debut. Race 8 | Grade III Adena Springs Miss Preakness | 6 furlongs 1. Covfefe 2. Miss Imperial 3. Fighting Mad 4. Never Enough Time Comment: Twitter
- 2019 Preakness Stakes PreviewTweet Old Hilltop in Baltimore for the Iconic middle Jewel of the Triple Crown. A bulky field of 13 has lined up to test the demanding “Tight” turns of Pimlico. The Field: War of Will: Has mixed form, Kentucky Derby run was a clean trip early and then a troubled
- Dan’s Double: Preakness Undercard PlaysDan’s Double of the Week, featuring handicapping analysis from America’s Best Racing’s New York correspondent Dan Tordjman, is brought to you by Horseplayers.com, the official online qualifying site of the Breeders’ Cup Betting Challenge (BCBC) and National Horseplayers Championship (NHC). Horseplayers.com offers low-cost feeders every day and BCBC and NHC qualifiers every weekend, and
- Seoul Saturday: Race-By-Race Preview (May 18)Saturday’s action is at Seoul where there are 11 races from 10:45 to 18:00. French jockey Ryan Curatolo makes his Korean debut with three rides. Here are the previews: Thank you @korearacing @jo_krbc Seoul racecourse pic.twitter.com/ebeV8GrkTq — Ryan curatolo (@RyanCuratolo) May 17, 2019 Race 1: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap /
- 2019 Preakness Stakes PreviewFor the first time since Grindstone in 1996, the Kentucky Derby winner won't be in the Preakness, since Country House bowed out a few days after the Derby. Even so, this Saturday's Preakness is a race worth getting excited about. It drew a field of 13, with a fascinating mix
- Santa Anita opinions for Friday, May 17FIRST RACE: 1. Field Bet SECOND RACE: 1. Spokane Eagle THIRD RACE: 1. Shady Empire FOURTH RACE: 1. Sweetner FIFTH RACE: 1, Teacher’s Treasure SIXTH RACE: 1. Honeymoonz Over SEVENTH RACE: 1. Cavernndchipmunks EIGHTH RACE: 1. A Dime for Me. Good luck.
- Pimlico stakes opinions for Friday, May 17SEVENTH RACE (Skipat): 1. Anna’s Bandit, 2. Chalon, 3. Estilo Feminino. LONG SHOT: Majestic Won. EIGHTH RACE (Miss Preakness): 1. Midnight Fantasy, 2. Covfef, 3. Fighting Mad. LONG SHOT: Bye Bye J. NINTH RACE (Hilltop): 1. Fashion Faux Pas, 2. Nova Sol, 3. Makeme Dream. LONG SHOT: Orra Moor. 10TH
- $1,500,000 Preaknessby Tom Quigley $1,500,000 Preakness (G1) at PimlicoRace 13 (Saturday, May 18, 2019: 6:48 p.m./ET; 3:48 p.m./PT)Mile and three sixteenths on the main track (three-year-olds) The first ever disqualification for interference in the Kentucky Derby (G1) is fresh on the minds of racing fans and sports enthusiasts alike. And for
- How to Bet the 2019 Louisville HandicapVettori Kin winning the Louisville Handicap (G3) at Churchill Downs - Coady Photography A year ago a Brazilian-bred Group 1 winner by the name of Vettori Kin scored his first and so far only victory in North America, rallying to a decisive 2 1/2-length victory in the 1 1/2-mile Louisville Handicap
- $250,000 Dixieby Tom Quigley $250,000 Dixie (G2) at PimlicoRace 12 (Saturday, May 18, 2019: 5:39 p.m./ET: 2:39 p.m./PT)Mile and a sixteenth on the turf (three-year-olds and upward) The main storyline in this year’s Dixie (G2) is clear: last year’s Travers (G1) and Belmont Derby (G1) winner CATHOLIC BOY makes his 2019
- $200,000 Chick Langby Tom Quigley $200,000 Chick Lang (G3) at PimlicoRace 11 (Saturday, May 18, 2019: 4:42 p.m./ET; 1:42 p.m./PT)Six furlongs on the main track (three-year-olds) The Chick Lang (G3) is one of nine stakes races on a star-studded 14-race program at Pimlico. Let’s analyze each runner, beginning with the rail post
- $150,000 Maryland Sprintby Tom Quigley $150,000 Maryland Sprint (G3) at Pimlico Race 6 (Saturday, May 18, 2019: 1:28 p.m./ET; 10:28 a.m./PT)Six furlongs on the main track (three-year-olds and upward) The Maryland Sprint (G3) features seven sharp colts and geldings set to travel six furlongs, so let’s dissect the field, beginning with the
- TimeformUS Preakness Analysis: New shooter Anothertwistafate has the credentials to upset the PreaknessPimlico | Race 13 | 6:48 p.m. (ET) | Go to TimeformUS PPs Not already a TimeformUS member? Sign up This is an unusual Preakness Stakes. The official Kentucky Derby winner Country House is absent, as is the disqualified first-place …
- Betting a Cold Exacta in the 2019 Selene StakesBold Script winning the Princess Elizabeth Stakes at Woodbine - Michael Burns Photo There are four stakes winners among the five fillies entered in Saturday’s $125,000 Selene Stakes (G3) at Woodbine, but despite the quality of the small field, I expect the race to be dominated by #4 Bold Script.
- Belle’s Best Bets: Preakness Pick and a Trio of Turf ToutsAmerica’s Best Racing, Belle Premium American Vodka, and handicapper (and avid gambler) Monique Vág team up to provide horseplayers with their best bets of the weekend. Vág will identify her top picks as well as at least one longshot play of the weekend, a nice opportunity to swing for the fences on a win bet or
- Spot Plays May 17For Friday TRACK (RACE) HORSE, MORNING LINE Arlington Park (3rd) Looktheotherway, 3-1 (7th) Run Tappy, 7-2 Belmont Park (1st) What’s to Blame, 3-1 (4th) New Jersey John, 9-2 Belterra Park (1st) Leo, 6-1 (3rd) Love Strut, 7-2 Canterbury Park (4th) Direct Impact, 9-2 (5th) She’s Just Crusin, 9-2 Charles Town
- Big-Race Showdown: Black-Eyed Susan, Preakness SelectionsFor the third year in a row, America’s Best Racing is challenging some of the brightest minds in horse betting to come up with their top three picks for key races every weekend leading up to the Kentucky Derby Presented by Woodford Reserve, beginning with the $9 million Pegasus World Cup Invitational
- 2019 Black-Eyed Susan Stakes PreviewThis week, horse racing shifts its attention to Old Hilltop. We, as well, will turn our focus there: this piece will examine Friday's feature, the Black-Eyed Susan Stakes (G2) for three-year-old fillies. In a separate piece, we will take a horse-by-horse look at Saturday's Preakness Stakes. The Black-Eyed Susan began
- Busan Friday: Race-By-Race Preview (May 17)After last week’s Derby in Seoul, attention switches to the South Coast and the fillies as the 2019 Korean Oaks takes place at Busan Racecourse this Sunday. And it’s at Busan where the weekend’s action gets underway with 9 races on Friday running from 11:30 to 18:00. Here are the
- The Magic Mike Show 072: Preakness Day Early Pick 4 PreviewThe Magic Mike Show does a LIVE preview of Saturday’s early Pick 4 at Pimlico (races 3-6), including the $150,000 Maryland Sprint Stakes (G3). The Magic Mike Show with Curtis “Magic” Kalleward and Mike Somich is the ultimate horse racing recap show covering all of the action from each and
- How to Bet the 2019 Pimlico SpecialCordmaker winning the Harrison E. Johnson Memorial - © Jim McCue Photography In my opinion handicappers looking to play Friday’s $300,000 Pimlico Special (G3) at Pimlico have two options for determining which horse to bet. The quickest solution—one that probably stands as good a chance as any at picking the
- Spot Plays May 16For Thursday TRACK (RACE) HORSE, MORNING LINE Belmont Park (2nd) La Vida, 10-1 (6th) Social Currency, 9-2 Belterra Park (1st) Oathkeeper, 3-1 (6th) Play Ball, 10-1 Charles Town (7th) See Me Smile, 9-2 (8th) Civil Stones, 6-1 Churchill Downs (1st) Orleans, 5-1 (5th) Admiration, 4-1 Evangeline Downs (2nd) Paddy O’Lionel,