Horse racing picks, previews, tips and touts.
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
- Robin Goodfellow’s racing tips: Best bets for Friday, November 8Sportsmail's racing expert Robin Goodfellow dishes out his tips for Friday's meetings at Newcastle, Fontwell, Hexham and Chalmsford City.
- Aqueduct Horses in Focus for Friday, November 8Race 4: Kosciuszko (#6) Earned a competitive 109 TimeformUS Speed Figure in his return from the layoff two back. Was somewhat compromised by a slow pace last time in a race wired up front. Should work out a good trip …
- DAILY SELECTIONS FOR AQUEDUCT RACETRACK – SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 09, 2019 // POST TIME – 12:00 P.M. EST- DAILY HANDICAPPING FOR NOVEMBER 09 - RACE 1: 2 - MIDNIGHT DISGUISE 8-5
- Equibase Analysis: Who To Choose In Full-Field Commonwealth Turf Stakes?The Grade 3, $175,000 Commonwealth Turf Stakes at Churchill Downs features an overflow field with 16 horses entered including two also-eligibles. In terms of recent efforts in stakes, Spectacular Gem deserves first mention as he won the Jefferson Cup Stakes over the Churchill Downs turf last month, with runner-up Tracksmith,
- How to bet the quinellaHorses and jockeys during the 2017 Queen Mary Stakes, Royal Ascot - Photo by Horsephotos.com All of the different wager types in horse racing, one of the most underappreciated is surely the quinella. The quinella requires bettors to select the top two finishers in a race, but without identifying the
- How to bet the Commonwealth Turf StakesA total of 16 runners, with two on the also-eligibles list, has been entered to contest the $175,000 Commonwealth Turf S. (G3) at Churchill Downs on Saturday. The 1 1/16-miles turf test for sophomores looks to be among the most wide-open races of the weekend with contenders throughout the
- Belle’s Best Bets: Longshots at Aqueduct and Churchill DownsAmerica’s Best Racing, Belle Premium American Vodka, and handicapper (and avid gambler) Monique Vág team up to provide horseplayers with their best bets of the weekend. Vág will identify her top picks as well as at least one longshot play of the weekend, a nice opportunity to swing for the fences on a win bet or
- Spot Plays November 8For Friday TRACK (RACE) HORSE, MORNING LINE Aqueduct (2nd) Horoscope, 3-1 (3rd) Our Lady of Loreto, 4-1 Charles Town (4th) Emelina, 7-2 (5th) Q’s Song, 5-1 Churchill Downs (1st) Shut the Box, 7-2 (4th) Miracle Hill, 3-1 Del Mar (3rd) Ernie Banks, 5-1 (6th) Too Hot for Curlin, 3-1 Delta
- Thursday TimeformUS Highlight Horse: Zip Drive should appreciate the return to sprintingAqueduct | Race 8 | Post Time 3:47 p.m. (ET) | Go to the TimeformUS PPs Not already a TimeformUS member? Sign up Likely favorite Saratoga Treasure (#9) had no trouble transitioning out of NY-bred company last time, as she maintained …
- Betting a double on Commonwealth Turf daySpectacular Gem winning the Jefferson Cup Stakes - Coady Photography Churchill Downs has arranged a competitive afternoon of racing for Saturday, November 9, with the last half of the 11-race card especially appealing. The late Pick 4 sequence starting in the eighth race could feature as many as 42 starters.
- Robin Goodfellow’s racing tips: Best bets for Thursday, November 7Sportsmail's racing expert Robin Goodfellow dishes out his tips for Thursday's meetings at Southwell, Newbury, Market Rasen and Chelmsford City.
- Spot Plays November 7For Thursday TRACK (RACE) HORSE, MORNING LINE Aqueduct (2nd) Funderella, 9-2 (7th) Hay Field, 3-1 Charles Town (1st) Letts Go to Dixies, 4-1 (3rd) Diamond Train, 4-1 Churchill Downs (1st) Park Ridge Benny, 3-1 (2nd) Eight Town, 4-1 Delta Downs (2nd) Kye’s Addycat, 3-1 (3rd) Last Destiny, 3-1 Finger Lakes
- Hong Kong Spot Plays: King of the ValleyAnother Wednesday, another evening of racing at Happy Valley in Hong Kong. Of course, it’s only an evening card for the locals; bettors in North America will enjoy the nine-race card starting at 6:45 a.m. (EST). Logical favorites abound, including an up-and-coming prospect in Race 7, but the recent
- DAILY SELECTIONS FOR AQUEDUCT RACETRACK – THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 07, 2019 // POST TIME – 12:00 P.M. EST- DAILY HANDICAPPING FOR NOVEMBER 07 - RACE 1: 2 - PARLAPIANO 10-1
- DAILY SELECTIONS FOR AQUEDUCT RACETRACK – THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 07, 2019 // POST TIME – 12:20 P.M. EST- DAILY HANDICAPPING FOR NOVEMBER 07 - RACE 1: 2 - PARLAPIANO 10-1
- Spot Plays November 6For Wednesday TRACK (RACE) HORSE, MORNING LINE Charles Town (2nd) Rumers Are True, 4-1 (3rd) Smookie, 9-2 Churchill Downs (1st) Addison, 3-1 (2nd) Alright, 7-2 Delta Downs (1st) Senator Con, 8-1 (3rd) Swinging Galaxy, 7-2 Finger Lakes (2nd) Golden Galaxy Girl, 7-2 (3rd) Ian a Wolverine, 4-1 Gulfstream Park West
- International challengers stand out in Melbourne CupMer De Glace winning the Kokura Kinen (G3) - Photo courtesy of the Japan Racing Association They call it “the race that stops a nation,” and for good reason. The Melbourne Cup (G1) at Flemington racecourse in Australia is a historic two-mile test of speed and stamina first run in
- Tourney Talk- 52 feet equals $20,000The Breeders’ Cup Betting Challenge was, yet again, a losing proposition for me. And I don’t have the energy to go bet by bet and give you a complete rundown of the weekend. But who does’t love a good “almost” story? I think you’ll like this one. You might say
- Santa Anita opinions for Sunday, Nov. 3Note: Sorry no picks for Sunday. I think the day after the Breeders’ Cup should be a break but since it doesn’t want to do that, I will. As for the Breeders’ Cup. I hope some of you won some money off my selections. I won some money, but not
- Thoughts on the Breeders’ Cup Saturday Early Pick 4The tabbing of Sharing in Friday’s Juvenile Fillies Turf (G1) got is well into the black on Breeders’ Cup Friday. We’ll look to continue the trend Saturday, starting with the first Pick 4 of the Breeders’ Cup sequence. Race 4 — Filly & Mare Sprint (G1) #4 COME DANCING
- President’s Cup 2019: Full Preview / Seoul & Busan Sunday Race-By-Race (November 3)This decade there have only been four different President’s Cup winners. From 2010 to 2012, the great Dangdae Bulpae monopolised the race. Indie Band and Gyeongbudaero then each took a turn in the winner’s circle before Triple Nine won the first of what would be four straight successes in 2015.
- Santa Anita opinions for Saturday, Nov. 2 (Breeders’ Cup Day II)Note: The main track on Friday favored speed. You needed to be forwardly placed to win, like I thought. That doesn’t mean closers can’t finish out exactas, trifectas and superfectas but it’s tough on win end. I told you Flavien Prat would nail a big one and I think he
- Free Selections – Breeders’ Cup – SaturdayThe big weekend is upon and the waiting is over! – There are 14 races with an average of 11 runners per race. – The International contingent has 33 Euros, 1 from Japan, and 1 from Korea. – You’re getting the best from around the world. What more could a
- UPDATED: Breeders’ Cup Saturday picksSo much for the Friday Breeders’ Cup card being predictable. Updated to reflect scratches, most notably Imperial Hint out of the Sprint. Race 4 | Grade I Grade I Breeders’ Cup Filly and Mare Sprint | 7 furlongs 1. Spiced Perfection 2. Covfefe 3. Come Dancing 4. Dawn the Destroyer Comment: Covfefe is a deserving favorite
- DAILY SELECTIONS FOR AQUEDUCT RACETRACK – SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 03, 2019 // POST TIME – 12:00 P.M. EST- DAILY HANDICAPPING FOR NOVEMBER 03 - RACE 1: 4 - BAY JEWEL 12-1