Horse racing picks, previews, tips and touts.
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
- Top 5 Plays on Fair Grounds Lecomte Stakes Day CardRiffing off a favorite Facebook theme of mine (and thanks to Ryan Martin for the idea), here are my Top 5 plays on today’s 13-race Lecomte Stakes day card at Fair Grounds. For FREE Brisnet.com Premium Past Performances, CLICK HERE. 5. The late Pick 4. There are 6 stakes on
- Sunday Seoul & Busan: Race-By-Race Preview (January 14)Bitter cold gave way to snow on Saturday but Sunday should be fine and there’s plenty of racing to keep us occupied at both Seoul and Busan. New Citadel and Sinjo Daehyeop face off in Seoul’s feature race while Today is favourite to land his eighth win in ten outings
- Santa Anita opinions for Saturday, Jan. 13FIRST RACE: 1. Frankincense, 2. Maestro Dearte, 3. Gosilently. LONG SHOT: Bellerin. SECOND RACE: 1. Soul Sound, 2. Topaz Time, 3. Del Mar Diva. LONG SHOT: Lil Bit Dangerous. THIRD RACE: 1. Nero, 2. Core Beliefs, 3. Kris’ Wild Kat. LONG SHOT: Curly’s Rocket. FOURTH RACE: 1. Hayabusa One, 2.
- The Road to the Triple Crown with Brian Nadeau: The JeromeIrad Ortiz Jr. and Firenze Fire after winning the Grade 1 Champagne. Susie Raisher/NYRA photo Aqueduct: The $150,000 Jerome at 1-mile (Kentucky Derby qualifying points: 10-4-2-1) The Jerome may have come up light, but it does mark the return of GI Champagne winner #7 FIRENZE FIRE (3-5), who didn’t fire
- The Road to the Triple Crown with Brian Nadeau: The LecomteSo pleased that handicapper Brian Nadeau has signed on for another year of previewing Derby preps and Triple Crown races. A veteran of the Saratoga Special, he handicaps regularly for Capital OTB TV in upstate New York and Horseplayer Now, and you’ll find him here on Twitter. Welcome back to the
- Aqueduct January 13Race 1 3 Conquest Bigluck E 8 Ro Bear 2 Preatereo Secondary (1, 5) Race 2 5 Belleville Spring 3 Threefortyfive 1 Lem Me Tel Ya Secondary (4, 7) Race 3 3 Pioneer Spirit 2 T R Crew 5 Flash Trading Race 4 5 Barefoot Angel 1 Ed’s Quick Cat
- 2018 Smarty Jones Stakes PreviewTweetIt’s a Smarty Party Monday at Oaklawn Park as opening weekend 2018 concludes with the Smarty Jones stakes as the featured eighth race on Monday. Contenders: Combatant son of Scat Daddy has been running well on the dirt the last two races and his maiden win was visually impressive, coming off the
- 2018 LeComte PreviewTweetThe Fair Grounds in Louisiana starts the Road to Kentucky Derby which is one of three preps for Churchill Downs. The Risen Star and Louisiana Derby follow later down in the bayou. Contenders: Zing Zang improved sharply in a third-lifetime start and the son of Tapit has the right trainer in
- 2018 Jerome Stakes Preview – Final FieldTweetThe Jerome Stakes has been redrawn. The first field was “Cold” out a few weeks back. Aqueduct has been closed due to fog and unthawing the last few days. Contenders: Coltandmississippi Ships in from Florida and may have a conditioning edge with a recent work on January 6th at Palm Meadows.
- 2018 Smarty Jones Stakes PreviewThe Smarty Jones is a one-mile dirt race, the first in a series of Kentucky Derby preps over the Hot Springs oval. The series continues with the Southwest Stakes (G3) on February 19, the Rebel Stakes (G2) on March 17, and the Arkansas Derby (G1) on the final day of
- Jerome Stakes Racing Roundup©2018 Calvin L. Carter. All rights reserved.The Road to the Kentucky Derby takes us to the Empire State Saturday where FIRENZE FIRE will go the starting gate as the 3-5 morning-line favorite in the 148thrunning of the $150,000 Jerome Stakes (G3) at Aqueduct Racetrack. Post time for the race will
- Best Bets: Saturday Stakes with Big Payout PotentialAmerica’s Best Racing and handicapper (and avid gambler) Monique Vág team up to provide horseplayers with their best bets of the weekend in a regular feature blog that will run on Fridays. For some posts, Vág will try to identify a longshot play of the weekend, a nice opportunity to swing for the
- Spot Plays January 13For Saturday TRACK (RACE) HORSE, MORNING LINE Aqueduct (4th) Catapult Jack, 7-2 (9th) Pequeno Grande, 9-2 Delta Downs (3rd) Anything But Amie, 4-1 (11th) Cristianstorm, 3-1 Fair Grounds (1st) Time Flies By, 3-1 (6th) Vagabond Princess, 5-1 Golden Gate Fields (6th) Askin’ for Trouble, 10-1 (7th) Fast and Foxy, 3-1
- ThoroFan Blog: Handicapper’s Corner: Silverbulletday StakesThough the race drew several marquee shippers who we'll tackle later, we'll tab on top a runner who is trying stakes company for the first time, but boasts Fair Grounds affinity and solid Fair Grounds connections: America's Tale.
- Handicapper’s Corner: LeComte Stakes (G3)Time to Kowboy UpBy Nick Costa, Trackside with Trackman Fair Grounds Race Course in New Orleans, Louisiana, will be the scene of the Grade 3 Lecomte Stakes on Saturday, where a very deep and promising field of three-year olds chase after the winner's share of the $200,000 purse, and battle
- Seoul Saturday: Race-By-Race Preview (January 13)12 races at Seoul on Saturday with the first at 10:45am and the last at 6pm. Wrap up warm! Here are the previews: The heavy artillery was out to welcome punters into the racecourse last week – It’s going to a be cold one this time around though – bring
- BLINKERS OFF 273: Kentucky Derby Prep Previews and Rapid-FireThe Thoroughbred Racing Dudes preview three Kentucky Derby prep races – the Grade 3, $150,000 Jerome Stakes from Aqueduct, the Grade 3, $200,000 LeComte Stakes from Fair Grounds, and the $150,000 Smarty Jones from Oaklawn Park – then give rapid-fire selections for the remaining major stakes races running this weekend
- Santa Anita opinions for Friday, Jan. 12FIRST RACE: 1. War Moccasin, 2. Looking At Thelake, 3. Aura Eose. LONG SHOT: November Tale. SECOND RACE: 1. Dangerously Close, 2. Batiquitos, 3. Betdesilvergod. LONG SHOT: Red Stitch. THIRD RACE: 1. Howdy, 2. Raagheb, 3. Saint Dermot. LONG SHOT: Awe. FOURTH RACE: 1. Thankful Every Day, 2. Milhaud, 3.
- 2018 Jerome Stakes PreviewOriginally scheduled for January 1st, the Jerome Stakes -- like much of the northeast and midwest -- has been stuck in a deep freeze. As New York will have hopefully become warm enough to safely race, the Jerome has been released from its suspended state, and scheduled for January 13. It
- 2018 Lecomte and Silverbulletday Stakes PreviewThis week the Derby Trail and the Oaks Trail kick into major gear, and Picks and Ponderings will be there. The weekend's racing action features three-year-old preps at three different tracks: the Lecomte Stakes and Silverbulletday Stakes Saturday at Fair Grounds, the Jerome Stakes Saturday at Aqueduct, and the Smarty Jones
- Will Combatant Upset Mourinho in the Smarty Jones?Combatant breaking his maiden at Churchill Downs (Coady Photography) When playing the races, one of my favorite angles to watch for is a horse receiving a very specific type of troubled trip, a trip so subtle that many bettors miss its significance. Normally, a ground-saving trip racing inside of horses
- DAILY SELECTIONS FOR AQUEDUCT RACETRACK – FRIDAY, JANUARY 12, 2018 // POST TIME – 12:20 P.M. EST- DAILY HANDICAPPING FOR JANUARY 12- RACE 1: 5 - HEMBREE 1-1
- 01-11-2018 Santa Anita Full CardToday’s Late Pick 4 will cost $18 with horses listed in preference. 12,5 2,7,5 1,7,5 1,3 Today’s Pick 5 will cost $32with horses listed in preference 2,5,8,10 7,2 2,5 (8) 1,3 12,5
- Will All Included Upset the Ft. Lauderdale Stakes?Heart to Heart training at Keeneland (Keeneland/Coady Photography) If there’s one thing you can count on in horse racing, it’s that stakes races on the Gulfstream Park turf course will usually offer large and competitive fields with plenty of options for value-seeking bettors. The $200,000 Ft. Lauderdale Stakes (gr. II)
- Busan Friday: Race-By-Race Preview (January 12)It’s Friday. It’s Busan. There are 11 races at the south-coast track with the frat at 11:30 am and the last at 6pm. Here are the previews: Race 1: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million (4) FIRE POINT was a decent 2nd on debut over the distance just