Horse racing picks, previews, tips and touts.
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
- Santa Anita opinionsPreview: Sorry guys, I haven’t been feeling well physically and haven’t had the time to handicap. With the rain this weekend, I’m sort of glad I didn’t. More rain is forecast next week so we will see. Hope to get back in the saddle by next weekend. Good luck.
- Spot Plays January 13For Sunday TRACK (RACE) HORSE, MORNING LINE Aqueduct (3rd) Magnetron, 6-1 (5th) Unsullied, 7-2 Fair Grounds (2nd) Shang, 3-1 (5th) Scarlet Flutter, 4-1 Golden Gate Fields (3rd) Hank the Tank, 7-2 (5th) Manila Mischief, 7-2 Gulfstream Park (1st) Esfera, 4-1 (3rd) Take Command, 7-2 Laurel Park (3rd) Tiz Emily and
- Saturday TimeformUS Highlight Horse: Wine Not gets back to his favorite distanceAqueduct | Race 7 | Post Time 3:27 p.m. (ET) | Go to the TimeformUS PPs Not already a TimeformUS member? Sign up House Limit (#8) will probably get sent to post as the favorite in this race off a visually …
- Gulfstream Park Picks & Analysis — Saturday, January 12, 2019, by Jay CymermanFree Picks & Analysis — Who Do Ya Like? Saturday, January 12, 2019 Gulfstream Park All selections for FAST & FIRM. Follow me on Twitter for the latest updates after scratches.) RACE 1 2 – BE A HERO (4/1) – Comes off a pair of solid numbers and a
- How to Bet the Rego Park StakesAqueduct (Coglianese Photo) When a lightly-raced horse fires off a huge effort, particularly over a wet track, it can be difficult to know if it’s a fair representation of their talent or a fluke that they’re unlikely to repeat. That’s one of the challenges facing handicappers in Sunday’s $100,000 Rego
- DAILY SELECTIONS FOR AQUEDUCT RACETRACK – SUNDAY, JANUARY 13, 2019 // POST TIME – 12:50 P.M. EST- DAILY HANDICAPPING FOR JANUARY 13 - RACE 1: 3 - AMERICAN MANDATE 3-5 2 - LOVERBOY LOU 10-1
- Aqueduct Horses in Focus for Saturday, January 12Race 2: Sandy Belle (#5) The Pace Projector is predicting a situation favoring horses on the front end, and she is quick enough to make the lead. Hopped at the start last time, which cost her any chance she might …
- Handicapper’s Corner: Marshua’s River Stakes (G3)Hot Pace in Marshua's River Could Set Up For CloserBy: John Caro, S. Florida ThoroFanThis contest is over the turf for older fillies and mares going a route. Based on the forecast of rain showers early with some sunshine later in the day, high 76°, winds ESE at 10 to
- Spot Plays January 12For Saturday TRACK (RACE) HORSE, MORNING LINE Aqueduct (1st) Irish Banker, 5-1 (6th) Regalian, 7-2 Charles Town (3rd) Dance for a Dime, 7-2 (7th) Ghost Affair, 5-1 Delta Downs (3rd) Mintapperance, 4-1 (9th) Seveneightnine, 4-1 Fair Grounds (1st) Kubo Cat, 5-1 (8th) Casses Story, 7-2 Golden Gate Fields (2nd) Lip
- Friday TimeformUS Highlight Horse: Improving Vicar’s Legend can take advantage of a fast paceAqueduct | Race 7 | Post Time 3:58 p.m. (ET) | Go to the TimeformUS PPs Not already a TimeformUS member? Sign up This is easily the most intriguing race on the card, as there are a number of enigmatic contenders. …
- Best of Horse Nuggets – Episode 1Expert horse player Steve Duckhorn discusses handicapping angles and betting advice. This episode includes segments on: Tomlinson Ratings, Jockeys, Beyer Speed Figures, and Winning Wagering Angles. Social Media: Twitter@offthechartshr, Facebook @offthechartshorseracing, available on iTunes, and favorite podcatcher. Google Podcast. Also available on Stitcher Radio , TuneIn Radio, Amazon Echo, and
- $100k La Canada$100,000 La Canada (G3) Santa Anita Race 8 (Saturday, January 12, 2019: 7:00 p.m./ET; 4:00 p.m./PT) One mile and a sixteenth on the main track (fillies and mares, four-years-old and upward) A series of graded stakes races for the Southern California older female dirt division in 2019 begins with seven
- $150k Marshua’s River$150,000 Marshua’s River (G3) Gulfstream Park Race 11: Saturday, January 12, 2019: 4:47 p.m./ET; 1:47 p.m./PT) Mile and a sixteenth on the turf (fillies and mares, four-years-old and upward) This looks like a wide-open affair on paper, which makes for a great opportunity to make some money. We’ll begin our
- $100k Tropical Turf$100,000 Tropical Turf (G3) Gulfstream Park Race 9 (Saturday, January 12, 2019: 3:45 p.m./ET; 12:45 p.m./PT) One mile on the turf (four-year-olds and upward) $2 million dollar earner HEART TO HEART headlines the first of two stakes races on the Gulfstream Park Saturday card. Let’s discuss the field: #1 VICI
- DAILY SELECTIONS FOR AQUEDUCT RACETRACK – SATURDAY, JANUARY 12, 2019 // POST TIME – 12:20 P.M. EST- DAILY HANDICAPPING FOR JANUARY 12 - RACE 1: 4 - TAKING AIM 4-1 5 - WAR OF THE STATES 7-2
- Aqueduct Horses in Focus for Friday, January 11Race 1: Communal (#1) Ran a competitive speed figure in her career debut. May not have appreciated a sloppy track when returning from the layoff last time. Is bred to stretch out in distance, since her dam Centring was a …
- Picks and Plays for Saturday Stakes at Laurel ParkLate Night Pow Wow winning the Charles Town Oaks (gr. III) - Coady Photography The fields might be a bit on the small side, but four interesting stakes races are among the highlights of an action-packed day of racing scheduled for January 12th at Laurel Park. The card kicks off
- Picks and Plays for the Tropical Turf and Marshua’s River StakesHeart to Heart winning the Gulfstream Park Turf Stakes (gr. I) - Photo by Leslie Martin/Adam Coglianese Photography Gulfstream Park is doing their best to keep us entertained while we wait for the eagerly-anticipated Pegasus World Cup (gr. I) and Pegasus World Cup Turf (gr. I) on January 26th. The
- Belle’s Best Bets: Coast-to-Coast Turf Picks, NFL Playoff ShootoutAmerica’s Best Racing, Belle Premium American Vodka, and handicapper (and avid gambler) Monique Vág team up to provide horseplayers with their best bets of the weekend. Vág will identify her top picks as well as at least one longshot play of the weekend, a nice opportunity to swing for the fences on a win bet or
- Spot Plays January 11For Friday TRACK (RACE) HORSE, MORNING LINE Aqueduct (1st) Kingdom’s Queen, 4-1 (4th) Mia Bella Rossa, 7-2 Charles Town (1st) Lil Linder, 7-2 (5th) Bro Your Killingme, 7-2 Delta Downs (1st) First to Score, 3-1 (4th) Chloe Raven, 7-2 Fair Grounds (2nd) N.D. Free, 6-1 (4th) Philosophy, 7-2 Golden Gate
- Equibase Analysis: Who Will Jump Up In La Canada Stakes?The Grade 3, $100,000 La Canada Stakes at Santa Anita Saturday drew a field of seven with only one of the group having won a graded stakes previously, that being True Royalty, who was victorious in the Grade 3 Torrey Pines Stakes last summer. Two mares, however, have proven very
- THE MAGIC MIKE SHOW 039: Gulfstream Park Late Pick 4 PreviewThe Magic Mike Show previews the Late Pick 4 from Gulfstream Park for Saturday, January 12, 2019. The Magic Mike Show with Curtis “Magic” Kalleward and Mike Somich is the ultimate horse racing recap show covering all of the action from each and every weekend. Listen to these Racing Dudes
- Hawthorne Closing Day, 1.12.19: Full-Card Picks and Analysis[caption id="attachment_8764" align="alignleft" width="300"] Antrim's Giant waits out an objection after crossing the wire first on December 26, 2018 at Hawthorne. Stewards made no change. (Photo: Nicolle Neulist)[/caption] Even though the Hawthorne Thoroughbred meet ran two weeks longer than usual, even such good things must inevitably end. Saturday, January 12
- Santa Anita opinions for Thursday, Jan. 10Preview: Sorry still don’t have a working printer and haven’t been feeling great lately. However I do like a couple of horses on Thursday. FIRST RACE: #7 Wind Tartare and FOURTH RACE: #3 Miss Boom Boom Both horses come out of a Del Mar race that has produced 5 next
- Santa Anita opinions for Saturday, Jan. 5Preview: Sorry no picks since I have no access to a printer at work. Check me out on Twitter @Jeff_Nahill to see if I have any opinions. No promises since I do have to work. Guess dumb me forgot to post this last Saturday. Work has been crazy lately. FRIDAY’S