Horse racing picks, previews, tips and touts.
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
- Santa Anita opinions for Saturday, March 17Preview: The main track was sealed after Friday’s races and it supposedly rained pretty good at least at one point Friday night. What that means for the grass, I’m not sure. My guess is they are off the turf. We’ll see. FIRST RACE: 1. Jungle Warfare, 2. Majestic Eagle, 3.
- Oaklawn Park Picks & Analysis — Saturday, March 17, 2018 (Rebel day)Free Picks & Analysis — Who Do Ya Like? Saturday, March 17, 2018 Oaklawn Park Oaklawn’s got one of their best cards of the year on Saturday. The ten-race program features three stakes, headlined by the Rebel Stakes, featuring 11 Kentucky Derby prospects. The first race will go at 1:05
- Turfway Park Picks & Analysis — Saturday, March 17, 2018 (Free Picks & Analysis — Who Do Ya Like? Saturday, March 17, 2018 Turfway Park Turfway’s got one of the punniest races of the year on Saturday. They’ll run the Jeff Ruby Steaks (GET IT) on Saturday, which was formerly known as the Spiral. It’s one of twelve races on
- Optix Looks Through the Rebel Stakes Fieldby EMILY GULLIKSON The $900,000 Rebel Stakes is Saturday at Oaklawn Park. For handicapping reports, CLICK HERE. #1 TITLE READY (8-1) the rail draw with a horse that prefers to be forwardly placed will force his hand. He does not look like a horse that will be comfortable rating behind
- Brian Nadeau’s Road to the Triple Crown: The Rebel StakesOaklawn Park: The Grade II, $900,000 Rebel at 1 1/16 miles (Kentucky Derby qualifying points 50-20-10-5 by Brian Nadeau #1 Title Ready (8-1): Price player is the first of three for Asmussen and really impressed in his 3-year-old debut, when he added blinkers and walloped a N1X crew over the
- Brian Nadeau’s Road to the Triple Crown: the Jeff Ruby SteaksTurfway Park: The $200,000 Jeff Ruby Steaks at 1 1/8 miles (20-8-4-2) by Brian Nadeau Magicalmeister and John McKee take the Battaglia at Turfway. Coady Photography While the Polytrack Era has died down in a big way, and the synthetic/turf specialists here probably won’t have a direct impact on this
- Dry Track Can Help Farrell Rebound in Azeri StakesFarrell winning the Pippin Stakes at Oaklawn Park - Coady Photography Some horses like wet tracks; other show a strong dislike for anything but dry footing. And of course, once in a while a horse comes along and shows an affinity for only certain types of wet tracks. Such a horse
- Jeff Ruby Stakes Racing Roundup©2018 Calvin L. Carter. All rights reserved.This Saturday, the Road to the Kentucky Derby takes us to Turfway Park in Florence, Kentucky, where HAZIT and RIDE A COMET have been tagged as the 5-1, morning line co-favorites in the 47th running of the $200,000 Jeff Ruby Stakes (G3). Despite their
- Handicapper’s Corner: 2018 Santa Margarita Stakes (G1)Speed May Rule Santa Margarita StakesBy: Nick Costa, Trackside with Trackman The Grade 1 Santa Margarita Stakes comes our way this Saturday from beautiful Santa Anita in Arcadia, California. A field of 10 fillies and mares, four-year old and up have been confirmed for the 1 1/8-mile contest and will be
- Handicapper’s Corner: 2018 Rebel Stakes (G2)Class is the Key to the Rebel StakesBy: Michael Amo, ThoroFan Chairman The Rebel Stakes at Oaklawn Park has had its success in sending winners to bigger and better things. Most recently, American Pharoah won the Rebel and catapulted to be the most recent Triple Crown winner in 2015. Curlin
- Rebel Stakes Racing Roundup©2018 Calvin L. Carter. All rights reserved.The Road to the Kentucky Derby takes us this Saturday to Oaklawn Park in Hot Springs, Arkansas, where SOLOMINIheads a herd of 12 young Thoroughbreds as the 3-2 morning line favorite in the 58th running of the $900,000 Rebel Stakes (G2). Post time is
- Seoul Saturday: Race-By-Race Preview (March 17)There are 11 races at Seoul on Saturday with the first at 10:45 and the last at 18:00: Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million (7) POWER KOREA races for the first time since January when he registered a 2nd place over 1000M in his best finish
- BLINKERS OFF 286: Rebel Stakes Preview and Derby MadnessThe Thoroughbred Racing Dudes preview the Grade 2, $900,000 Rebel Stakes (this weekend’s Kentucky Derby prep race from Oaklawn Park), then introduce a new bracket challenge called Derby Madness and announce the first-round winners. (Download Bracket) Derby Madness Music by High Rule: ►Click HERE to download “Control”: https://apple.co/2DVglyX ►SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/highrule/control
- Santa Anita opinions for Friday, March 16Preview: Once again rain is in the forecast the next two days so make sure to check if the turf races are on the grass. If not, they are not a play. Good luck. FIRST RACE: 1. Betdesilvergold, 2. Tiz Deliteful, 3. Herunbridledpower. LONG SHOT: Holidayincamboadia. SECOND RACE: 1. Line
- DAILY SELECTIONS FOR AQUEDUCT RACETRACK – FRIDAY, MARCH 16, 2018 // POST TIME – 1:20 P.M. EST- DAILY HANDICAPPING FOR MARCH 16 - RACE 1: 1 - BARTLEBY 7-2
- DAILY SELECTIONS FOR AQUEDUCT RACETRACK – FRIDAY, MARCH 16, 2018 // POST TIME – 1:20 P.M. EST- DAILY HANDICAPPING FOR MARCH 16 - RACE 1: 1 - HOARD 2-1
- Turf Horses Could Have an Edge in Jeff Ruby SteaksFast and Accurate (inside), winner of the 2017 Jeff Ruby Steaks (then known as the Spiral Stakes), turns in a morning workout - Coady Photography It seems logical that a race held over a synthetic track should favor horses with previous experience over synthetic tracks, right? That might seem like
- How To Bet the Jeff Ruby Steaks Week Kickoff Pick 5 With CarryoverLike March, Jeff Ruby Steaks week comes in like a lion with a $5,082 Pick 5 carryover that begins with race 1 Thursday, and I’m hoping it goes out with a perfectly grilled lamb chop as my reward for hitting the challenging sequence. FOR TURFWAY PARK HANDICAPPING REPORTS, CLICK HERE.
- Rebel Stakes day – Handicapping the Pick 4 and Pick 5The late Pick 4 and Pick 5 at Oaklawn Park are anchored by the $900,000 Rebel Stakes (G2). Oaklawn Park has provided two purse increases for the horseman and was ranked as the fifth best track for the bettors in the 2017 HANA rankings. That means that the Hot
- 2018 Jeff Ruby Steaks and Bourbonette Oaks PreviewThis week, Picks and Ponderings goes back to Turfway -- albeit only virtually, this time. Turfway's card on Saturday features a pair of three-year-old points races, the $200,000 Jeff Ruby Steaks (G3) (previously the Spiral Stakes) for open company and the $100,000 Bourbonette Oaks (G3) for fillies. Both races offer 20-8-4-2
- Head to Head: Rebel Stakes Analysis, PredictionsThe Rebel Stakes (G2) is the second of three Oaklawn Park preps for the 2018 Kentucky Derby. The 1 1/6 mile race drew an athletic field of eleven colts. Ashley Tamulonis of Coast To Coast and I parry over the field and defy the odds. Ashley Laurie Title
- 2018 Rebel Stakes PreviewTweetIt’s time for Rebel Yell in Hot Springs, Arkansas. The beefy $900,000 purse has attracted a field of eleven. Solomini is the morning line favorite with Magnum Moon and Sporting Chance likely to garner some wagering support. Contenders: Title Ready ran an impressive race in allowance win, showing speed from the
- Busan Friday: Race-By-Race Preview (March 16)Promising filly Rainha will step out for the fourth time at Busan Racecourse on Friday seeking to maintain her 100% record as she moves up in class in the 1600M race 9. There are a total of 10 Friday races at Busan from 11:30 to 18:00. Jo In Kwen &
- Santa Anita opinions for Thursday, March 15Preview: Rain again is in the forecast (does Santa Anita ever look at the 5-day?) so any race not run on the grass like it is suppose to be, forget about it. FIRST RACE: 1. Nice Ice, 2. Wishful, 3. Zillinda. LONG SHOT: Get Yourself Home. SECOND RACE: 1. Ima
- Free Weekend Selections – 3/10/18Who said there’s no such thing as a free lunch? – Winning Ponies likes to get you thinking about the weekend and dialing down the E-Z Win Forms and start handicapping for Saturday. – With each passing weekend, we will be one step closer to making our way to Louisville. I can