Horse racing picks, previews, tips and touts.
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
- 2018 Rebel Stakes PreviewOaklawn's spur of the Derby trail continues this Saturday with the Rebel Stakes. The race offers a purse of $900,000, in addition to Road to the Kentucky Derby points (50-20-10-5) for its top four finishers. Inaugurated in 1961, the Rebel Stakes currently serves as the third of four steps on Oaklawn's
- Cheltenham Festival 2018 Day 2: Robin Goodfellow’s racing tips | Daily Mail OnlineSportsmail's racing expert Robin Goodfellow dishes out his tips for day two of the Cheltenham Festival as well as Wednesday's meetings at Southwell, Wolverhampton and Huntingdon.
- Free Tuesday 3/13/18 Late Pick 4 SelectionsWelcome to Free Pick 4 Tuesday. Today, we have Late Pick 4 tickets for Turf Paradise, Sam Houston, Parx Racing, Mahoning Valley, Louisiana Downs, Will Rogers Downs, and Sunland Park. Good luck today! Sam Houston Ticket Race 7: 9 Race 8: 1,4,5,2 Race 9: 7,4,5 Race 10: 6,7,10,1,8,2 Ticket Cost: $36 (.50 cent) Will Rogers
- Santa Anita opinions for Sunday, March 11Preview: Did you set your clocks ahead one hour this morning at 2 a.m.? That’s right you lost an hour of sleep. No opinions for today because not happy with the way track management has treated bettors this weekend. First, on Saturday’s card, Santa Anita took the 11th and last
- Handicapper’s Corner: Triple Bend S. (G1)Looking at Longshots in the Triple Bend StakesBy: Robert Marks, They're In The Gate (and on Twitter, @theyreinthegate)On Saturday, March 10, 2018, Santa Anita will be host the Grade One Triple Bend Stakes for 4-year-olds and upward. The purse is $400,000 and it on the dirt going 7 furlongs.Here are
- Handicapper’s Corner: Frank E. Kilroe Mile (G1)World Approval Too Good for Frank E. Kilroe MileBy: Reinier Macatangay, Setting the PaceEclipse Award-winning World Approval is in the Grade 1, $400,000 Frank E. Kilroe Mile on Saturday at Santa Anita Park, and there is little point in going against him.While this writer loves to pick longshots, not every
- Seoul Owners’ Trophy Sunday: Race-By-Race Preview (March 11)Final Boss produced a late surge in a dramatic finale to January’s Segye Ilbo Cup and the 2017 Korean Derby winner can see off the same rivals once more in Korea’s first Group race of 2018, The Owners’ Association Trophy at Seoul Racecourse on Sunday afternoon (Seoul: 11 races from
- Aqueduct March 10, 2018Pretty nice card at Aqueduct today, including an all stakes late Pick-4. I think the Gotham has a decent field of horses hoping to show enough to be part of the Kentucky Derby field. Firenze Fire has a lot going for him and is definitely maturing. But he’s likely to
- Brian Nadeau’s Road to the Triple Crown: The San FelipeSanta Anita: The Grade II, $400,000 San Felipe at 1 1/16 miles (Kentucky Derby qualifying points 50-20-10-5) Bolt d’Oro works under Victor Espinoza. Zoe Metz Photography #1 Bolt d’Oro (2-1): The long awaited 3-year-old debut is at hand for this son of Medaglia d’Oro, who was a deserving odds-on favorite
- $400,000 San Felipe (G1) – Santa Anita ParkRace 6 (Saturday, March 10, 2018: 5:30 p.m./ET; 2:30 p.m./PT) Mile and a sixteenth on the main track (three-year-olds) A tremendous 11-race card at The Great Race Place on Sunday includes a pivotal three-year-old Kentucky Derby (G1) prep race with 50 important Kentucky Derby (G1) qualifying points on the line.
- $400,000 Tampa Bay Derby (G2) – Tampa Bay DownsRace 11 (Saturday, March 10, 2018: 5:20 p.m./ET; 2:20 p.m./PT) Mile and a sixteenth on the main track (three-year-olds) STREET SENSE won the Tampa Bay Derby (G2) in 2006 and went on to win the Kentucky Derby (G1). A dozen years later, 11 runners will attempt to follow up in
- $300,000 Gotham (G3) – AqueductRace 10 (Saturday, March 10, 2018: 5:42 p.m./ET; 2:42 p.m./PT) One mile on the main track (three-year-olds) The Gotham Stakes (G3) is the final prep race for the prestigious Wood Memorial Stakes (G1). Let’s analyze the field in post position order: #1 DIAL OPERATOR broke his maiden at first asking
- $600,000 Santa Anita Handicap (G1) – Santa AnitaRace 10 (Saturday, March 10, 2018: 7:30 p.m./ET; 4:30 p.m./PT) Mile and a quarter on the main track (four-year-olds and upward) Previously won by equine icons like SEABISCUIT, ROUND TABLE, ACK ACK, COUGAR II, AFFIRMED, SPECTACULAR BID and JOHN HENRY, eight older colts and geldings will get a chance
- Tampa Bay Derby Stakes Racing Roundup©2018 Calvin L. Carter. All rights reserved.The Road to the Kentucky Derby will log a lot of miles this Saturday with qualifying races in the Lambholm South Tampa Bay Derby (G2) and Gotham Stakes (G3) on the east coast and the San Felipe Stakes (G2) on the west coast. At
- DAILY SELECTIONS FOR AQUEDUCT RACETRACK – SATURDAY, MARCH 10, 2018 // POST TIME – 12:50 P.M. EST- DAILY HANDICAPPING FOR MARCH 10 - RACE 1: 1 - BARTLEBY 7-2
- San Felipe Stakes Racing Roundup©2018 Calvin L. Carter. All rights reserved.The Road to the Kentucky Derby will log a lot of miles this Saturday with qualifying races in the San Felipe Stakes (G2) on the west coast and the Lambholm South Tampa Bay Derby (G2) and the Gotham Stakes (G3) on the east coast.At
- The GQ Approach – Laurel March 9 * The Racing BizThe GQ Approach features full-card selections from Laurel Park, including a daily Best Bet, Longshot Play, and multi-race wagers. The post The GQ Approach – Laurel March 9 appeared first on The Racing Biz.
- 2018 Gotham Stakes PreviewTweetAqueduct plays host to the 2018 Gotham Stakes with some Derby trail veterans and several promising lightly raced horses entered. This year the Gotham is a one-turn mile with 85 Kentucky Derby points beings distributed with 50 to the winner. Contenders: Free Drop Billy comes in with six-lifetime races and a
- Brian Nadeau’s Road to the Triple Crown: The GothamAqueduct: The Grade III, $300,000 Gotham at 1-mile (Kentucky Derby qualifying points 50-20-10-5) by Brian Nadeau #1 Dial Operator (10-1): Exciting newcomer has looked awesome rallying in two wins against tons lesser to kick off his career at Monmouth and Laurel Park, respectively, and now ships up I-95 for the
- BLINKERS OFF 284: Kentucky Derby Prep Previews and Rapid-FireThe Thoroughbred Racing Dudes preview three Kentucky Derby prep races – the Grade 3, $300,000 Gotham Stakes from Aqueduct, the Grade 2, $400,000 Tampa Bay Derby from Tampa Bay Downs, and the Grade 2, $400,000 San Felipe Stakes from Santa Anita Park – then give rapid-fire selections for the remaining
- Brian Nadeau’s Road to the Triple Crown: The Tampa Bay DerbyTampa Bay Downs: The Grade II, $400,000 Tampa Bay Derby at 1 1/16 miles (Kentucky Derby qualifying points 50-20-10-5 by Brian Nadeau #1 Arazi Like Move (50-1): Big longshot was a well-beaten seventh behind today’s rival World of Trouble in the local Pasco in January when last seen and picks
- 2018 San Felipe PreviewTweetA sizzling matchup awaits in California as McKinzie takes on two-time stakes winner and Grade one winner Bolt d’Oro in the San Felipe. Possible rain looms over California as a stable field has assembled with some horses Knocking at the Door. Contenders: Bolt d’Oro a lot has been written about this
- 2018 Tampa Bay Derby PreviewTweetThe road to Kentucky continues in Florida with several lightly raced colts adding to an intriguing matchup on a surface that can play “Quirky.” Enticed and Free Drop Billy are scheduled to run in the Gotham Stakes, but with a storm brewing have entered the Tampa Bay Derby if they
- DAILY SELECTIONS FOR AQUEDUCT RACETRACK – FRIDAY, MARCH 09, 2018 // POST TIME – 1:20 P.M. EST- DAILY HANDICAPPING FOR MARCH 09 - RACE 1: 6 - CARRY YOUR HEELS 12-1
- Free Tuesday 3/6/18 Late Pick 4 SelectionsWelcome to Free Pick 4 Tuesday. Today, we have Late Pick 4 tickets for Turf Paradise, Sam Houston, Parx Racing, Mahoning Valley, Louisiana Downs, and Sunland Park. Good luck today! Sam Houston Ticket Race 6: 4,2,1 Race 7: 7,4,9,6 Race 8: 1,3 Race 9: 3,2,4 Ticket Cost: $36 (.50 cent) Louisiana Downs Ticket Race 5: 5,2,7,1