Horse racing picks, previews, tips and touts.
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
- SEASON 3 Episode 4 Breeders Cup Friday Races at Santa Anita for 11-1-2019Breeders Cup Friday Races at Santa Anita for 11-1-2019
- Beating Sistercharlie in the Filly and Mare TurfSistercharlie has been the star of the American filly and mare turf division for about a year and a half now. She has won 10 of 14 career starts, including two straight editions of the Beverly D. (G1) at Arlington, two straight editions of the Diana (G1) at Saratoga, and
- Santa Anita opinions for Friday, Nov. 1 (Breeders’ Cup Friday)Note: Jockey Flavien Prat has mounts in all 14 Breeders’ Cup races and he knows this track as well as anyone, especially the turf course. I know I will have a $5 win bet on all of his horses. Swing for the fences because there will be prices the next
- Big-Race Showdown: 2019 Breeders’ Cup SelectionsFor the third year in a row, America’s Best Racing is challenging some of the brightest minds in horse betting to come up with their top three picks for key races every weekend leading up to the Breeders' Cup on Nov. 1 and 2. The handicappers face off in what we
- 2019 Showtime Deb Stakes PreviewThe stakes action at Hawthorne resumes Friday (yes, Friday!) afternoon at Hawthorne Race Course, with the Showtime Deb Stakes. Run regularly through 2014, it was off the calendar in 2015 and 2016, returned in 2017, and then was not run last year. Hopefully it is back for good, since it
- UPDATED: Breeders’ Cup Future Stars Friday picksThe Breeders’ Cup is back at Santa Anita Park for edition XXXVI. In a year where controversies have made more headlines than superstar horses, maybe it’s good and cathartic to look to the future with these juveniles. If 2019 was the year of “oh no,” “meh” and “ugh,” this
- Breeder’s Cup Day 1The first-day BC races are a lot tougher than they have been in previous years. Tough to find a single, so good luck to all the handicappers out there. Let’s start with the 5th race, the 5 Furlong Juvenile Turf Sprint (includes fillies and colts/geldings) The nod goes to 3-Another
- Handicapper’s Corner: 2019 Breeders’ Cup Classic2019 Breeders' Cup Classic Consensus Picks Eleven rivals will converge in the 2019 Breeders’ Cup Classic at Santa Anita to race 1 ¼ miles over the main track. Some 3-year-olds are taking on older males for the first time, while others have done so successfully. The Breeders’ Cup can be
- DAILY SELECTIONS FOR AQUEDUCT RACETRACK – SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 02, 2019 // POST TIME – 12:00 P.M. EST- DAILY HANDICAPPING FOR NOVEMBER 02 - RACE 1: 2 - MISS JAK 7-5
- Playing the multi-race bets on Breeders’ Cup SaturdayHorses break from the starting gate at Santa Anita (Photo by Alex Evers/Eclipse Sportswire/Breeders Cup) Looking to play the appealing multi-race wagers on Breeders’ Cup Saturday? Then you’ve come to the right place. The November 2 card at Santa Anita is stacked with challenging exotic wagers like the Pick 3,
- Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Stakes Racing Roundup©2019 Calvin L. Carter. All rights reserved.The Road to the Kentucky Derby takes us Friday to Santa Anita Park where DENNIS’ MOMENT has been tabbed as the 8-5 morning line favorite in the 36th running of the $2 million TVG Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Stakes (G1). Post time is 7:03 p.m.
- Santa Anita opinions for Thursday, Oct. 31FIRST RACE: 1, Phast Pharoah, 2. Nineeleventurbo, 3. Dean Martini. LONG SHOT: Impossible Task. SECOND RACE: 1. Saralin, 2. Gingham, 3. Antigone. LONG SHOT: I;m the Hero. THIRD RACE: 1. Include the Tax, 2. Govenor Cinch, 3. Successful Command. LONG SHOT: Papa Tony. FOURTH RACE: 1. Absolute Weapon, 2. Old
- Breeders’ Cup longshots that could spice up the exoticsSeveral Breeders’ Cup races this weekend could conceivably be dominated by short-priced favorites. Others may have at most two or three legitimate win contenders. In other words, finding races where a longshot might win might be more difficult than usual. However, just getting a longshot in the money can
- Busan Friday: Race-By-Race Preview (November 1)It’s President’s Cup weekend up at Seoul but before that, November’s racing gets underway at Busan on Friday with an eleven-race card from 11:30 to 18:00. Here are the previews: A number of Busan’s top jockeys are in Seoul so Choi Si Dae could have a good day at Busan
- A Shot at the Title or a Seat by the Band?Playing the Breeders’ Cup can be sticky wicket if you’re not prepared. – I guess that is the key to most any day, but this weekend is something completely different. Nobody is using this race to see what they have or prepare for a G-3 at Somewhere Downs. – The
- AVOID BREEDERS’ CUP INFORMATION OVERLOADBy Dean Arnold Having a written game plan for two days of playing the 2019 Breeders’ Cup is the best way to avoid getting overwhelmed by the biggest wagering menu of the year. The Breeders’ Cup is a complex event, with so many betting opportunities that every handicapper feels the
- Spot plays for Breeders’ Cup SaturdaySistercharlie (left) winning the 2018 Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (G1) - © Kaz Ishida/Eclipse Sportswire/CSM /Breeders Cup There’s an unwritten rule about watching and wagering on the Breeders’ Cup World Championships—you have to play every race. Oh sure, there are folks who confidently -- and perhaps wisely --
- $2 Million Breeders’ Cup Mile (G1)$2,000,000 Breeders’ Cup Mile (G1) at Santa Anita ParkRace 9 (Saturday, November 2, 2019: 6:20 p.m./ET; 3:20 p.m./PT)One mile on the turf (three-year-olds and upward) As usual, The TVG Breeders’ Cup Mile (G1) shapes up as one of the most competitive races on the Breeders’ Cup Saturday card. Beginning the
- Spot plays for Breeders’ Cup FridayKimari winning the Indian Summer Stakes at Keeneland - Keeneland Photo The Breeders’ Cup Juvenile and Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies might be the highlights on “Future Stars Friday” at Santa Anita, but they’re not the only Breeders’ Cup races scheduled for November 1. The Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf Sprint, the
- $2 Million Breeders’ Cup Distaff (G1)$2,000,000 Breeders’ Cup Distaff (G1) At Santa Anita ParkRace 10 (Saturday, November 2, 2019: 7:00 p.m./ET; 4:00 p.m./PT)Mile and an eighth on the main track (fillies and mares, three-years-old and upward) A strong field of 11 takes aim at a championship title and a win in the biggest race of
- $6 Million Breeders’ Cup Classic (G1)$6,000,000 Breeders’ Cup Classic (G1) at Santa Anita ParkRace 12 (Saturday, November 2, 2019: 8:44 p.m./ET: 5:44 p.m./PT)Mile and a quarter on the main track (three-year-olds and upward) The Breeders Cup Classic (G1) is everything a horse racing fan wants to see in a championship race: the highest quality of
- $2 Million Breeders’ Cup Juvenile (G1)$2,000,000 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile (G1) at Santa Anita ParkRace 9 (Friday, November 1, 2019: 7:04 p.m./ET; 4:04 p.m./PT)Mile and a sixteenth on the main track (two-year-old colts and geldings) Day One of the Breeders’ Cup World Championship event is aptly named ‘Future Stars Friday’ as all five Breeders’ Cup races
- DAILY SELECTIONS FOR BREEDERS’ CUP RACES AT SANTA ANITA – SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 02, 2019- DAY 2 SELECTIONS FOR BREEDERS' CUP - RACE 4: 4 - COME DANCING 9-4
- Free Selections – Breeders’ Cup – Friday – 11/1/19The big weekend is only a handful of hours from going to post at Santa Anita. The weather is supposed to be in the ’80s and sunny. It sounds like a perfect day for wagering and watching the action. – Here are some free selections to whet your appetite and
- How to bet the Breeders’ Cup TurfA trio of standout turf performers headlines the lucrative $4 million Breeders’ Cup Turf (G1) on Saturday. The second biggest event of the weekend will be contested at 1 ½ miles and an accomplished field of 12 is signed on for the grassy voyage at Santa Anita. Turf Analysis: