Horse racing picks, previews, tips and touts.
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
- Handicapper’s Corner: 2019 Rebel Stakes Div. 2It's Game On in the Rebel Stakes, Div. IIBy: Michael Mills, ThoroFan MemberNot going to go into how this and the first division got established this year as I’m sure most of you have read it 100 times already. Just want to say the folks at Oaklawn should be congratulated for
- Handicapper’s Corner: 2019 Rebel Stakes (G2) Div. 1Improbable vs. the rest in Rebel Stakes Div. I By: Laurie Ross, Pedigree PowerOver the last 18 years, the Rebel Stakes has produced a roll call of elite stars that figure prominently in the Triple Crown events. Fans at Oaklawn have seen the likes of American Pharoah, Smarty Jones, Curlin, Afleet
- THE MAGIC MIKE SHOW 055: Gulfstream Park Late Pick 4 PreviewThe Magic Mike Show previews the Late Pick 4 from Gulfstream Park for March 16, 2019. The Magic Mike Show with Curtis “Magic” Kalleward and Mike Somich is the ultimate horse racing recap show covering all of the action from each and every weekend. Listen to these Racing Dudes weekly
- Private Terms One of Five Stakes at Laurel ParkBy Emily Shields The Private Terms Stakes is one of three $100,000 races at Laurel Park on Saturday and highlights a card with five stakes from 11 races. The Private Terms, for three-year-olds going 1 1/16 miles, drew a field of seven. #3 Alwaysmining (4-5) should go favored after winning
- 2019 Rebel Stakes PreviewOaklawn's spur of the Derby trail continues this Saturday with the Rebel Stakes. Originally slated as a race with a $1,000,000 purse and Kentucky Derby points allotted 50-20-10-5 to its top four finishers, the number of horses pointed to the Rebel mushroomed after the San Felipe (G2) at Santa Anita
- How to Bet Saturday’s All-Stakes Pick 4 at Oaklawn ParkOaklawn Park - Coady Photography Thanks to the split of the Rebel Stakes (gr. II) into two divisions, Oaklawn Park will be able to offer an exciting all-stakes Pick 4 on March 16 that includes both halves of the much-anticipated Road to the Kentucky Derby prep race. I’ve put together
- Is Game Winner Unstoppable in Rebel Stakes Division #2?Game Winner winning the Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) - Coady Photography When handicappers turn their attention to the second division of Saturday’s $750,000 Rebel Stakes (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park, most are going to concede that #5 Game Winner is the horse to beat and will, in all likelihood,
- Improbable Stands Out in Rebel Stakes Division #1Improbable winning the Los Alamitos Futurity (gr. I) - © Benoit Photo He's 3-5 on the morning line, which says something about how much will be expected of #9 Improbable when he makes his much-anticipated three-year-old debut in the first division of Saturday’s $750,000 Rebel Stakes (gr. II) at Oaklawn
- Brian Nadeau’s Road to the Triple Crown 2019: The Jeff Ruby SteaksTurfway Park: The $200,000 Jeff Ruby Steaks at 1 1/8 miles (Kentucky Derby qualifying points 20-8-4-2) A deep field for the is on tap for the Ruby, which will take place over the Polytrack at Turfway and give the winner 20 Derby qualifying points, which could put him potentially close
- SEASON 2 Episode 27 – Aqueduct Stakes Races for 3-9-2019Expert Horse Player Steve Duckhorn makes picks on Stakes Races at Aqueduct for 3-9-2019. Social Media: Twitter@offthechartshr, Facebook @offthechartshorseracing, available on iTunes, and favorite podcatcher. Google Podcast. Also available on Stitcher Radio , TuneIn Radio, Amazon Echo, and Spotify. Last Week Review: 9 Stakes Races - 5 Top Two Pick
- DAILY SELECTIONS FOR AQUEDUCT RACETRACK – SUNDAY, MARCH 10, 2019 // POST TIME – 12:50 P.M. EST- DAILY HANDICAPPING FOR MARCH 10 - RACE 1: 6 - NEPER 6-1 5 - TIZGAME 2-1
- Brian Nadeau’s Road to the Triple Crown 2019: The Tampa Bay DerbyTampa Bay Downs: The $400,000 GII Tampa Bay Derby at 1 1/16 miles (Kentucky Derby qualifying points: 50-20-10-5) by Brian Nadeau #1 Admire (12-1): Lightly-raced runner from Romans has logged some frequent flier miles this winter, as he’s been training in Florida, made his stakes debut when a decent fifth
- Brian Nadeau’s Road to the Triple Crown 2019: The Gotham StakesAqueduct: The $300,000 GIII Gotham at 1-mile (Kentucky Derby qualifying points: 50-20-10-5) by Brian Nadeau #1 Family Biz (30-1): Ginormous longshot ran in place when fourth in the local Jimmy Winkfield last month going 7 furlongs, though his best lifetime run was a course and distance third in the Jerome
- Handicapper’s Corner: 2019 Gotham Stakes (G3)How to Make an Instagrand in the Gotham StakesBy: Robert Marks (@theyreinthegate)Saturday at 5:40 pm eastern time is the Grade 3 2019 Gotham Stakes for 3- year-olds. This is a Derby Prep race with points given to the first 4 finishers of the race. This is important as the top
- Handicapper’s Corner: 2019 Tampa Bay Derby (G2)Defining the Tampa Bay DerbyBy: Nicolle Neulist, Blinkers-OffSaturday marks the 39th running of the Tampa Bay Derby, whose $400,000 purse makes it the richest race of the season at Tampa Bay Downs. In addition, it offers Road to the Kentucky Derby Points to its top four finishers – 50, 20,
- Handicapper’s Corner: 2019 Hillsborough Stakes (G2)Seeing Green in the Hillsborough Stakes By: The TurkHawksmoor (Ire) Photo by SV Photography Welcome friends to The Turk and the Little Turk Blog, now in our 11th year of handicapping and bet construction for people who never asked for it. I'd like to thank the good people of The Thorofan and
- Honeybee Tops Oaklawn Saturday CardThere are two stakes races on Oaklawn Park’s Saturday card, which is a prelude to one of their major days of racing next week. The $150,000 Hot Springs Stakes goes as race seven, while the $200,000 Honeybee Stakes (G3) goes as race nine. Ten three-year-old fillies have entered the Honeybee,
- The Nomination Is In: The Hillsborough G2 at Tampa Bay DownsHawksmoor (Ire) Photo by SV Photography Welcome friends to The Turk and the Little Turk Blog, now in our 11th year of handicapping and bet construction for people who never asked for it. I'd like to thank the good people of The Thorofan and the Handicappers Corner for allowing me the
- $200k Jeff Ruby Steaks$200,000 Jeff Ruby Steaks (G3) Turfway Park Race 11 (Saturday, March 9, 2019: 6:37 p.m./ET; 3:37 p.m./PT)Mile and an eighth on the main track (three-year-olds) Let’s ‘sink our teeth’ into the Jeff Ruby Steaks (G3) field of eleven, which offers 20 Kentucky Derby (G1) points to the winner: #1 DYNAMIC
- $300k Gotham$300,000 Gotham (G3) Aqueduct Race 10 (Saturday, March 9, 2019: 5:09 p.m./ET; 2:09 p.m./PT)One mile on the main track (three-year-olds) The Gotham (G3) features the return of INSTAGRAND, who kicked off his career with two breathtaking victories last summer. He has been given time off, yes, but he returns with
- $400k Tampa Bay Derby$400,000 Tampa Bay Derby (G2) Tampa Bay Downs Race 11 (Saturday, March 9, 2019: 5:25 p.m./ET; 2:25 p.m./PT) Mile and a sixteenth on the main track (three-year-olds) STREET SENSE won the 2007 Tampa Bay Derby (G1) and went on to earn international stardom and earn a stall in the breeding
- $200k Florida Oaks$200,000 Florida Oaks (G3) Tampa Bay Downs Race 10 (Saturday, March 9, 2019: 4:50 p.m./ET; 1:50 p.m./PT) Mile and a sixteenth on turf (three-year-old fillies) The 39th running of the Florida Oaks (G3) is a turf race in Florida, so naturally trainer Chad Brown has a strong hand, but nine
- 2019 Jeff Ruby Steaks and Bourbonette Oaks PreviewThis week, Picks and Ponderings turns its eyes toward Florence, y'all. Turfway's card on Saturday features a pair of three-year-old points races, the $200,000 Jeff Ruby Steaks (G3) (previously the Spiral Stakes) for open company and the $100,000 Bourbonette Oaks (G3) for fillies. Both races offer 20-8-4-2 points to its top four finishers,
- Aqueduct’s Gotham Stakes Day PreviewAll eyes will be on the return of #6 Instagrand (even) in the $300,000 Gotham Stakes, a Kentucky Derby prep worth 50 points to the winner. The come backing star was unbeaten last year, winning both his debut and the Best Pal (G2) at Del Mar before bypassing the Breeders’
- Head to Head: Handicapping the Tampa Bay Derby (G2)Since the Fountain of Youth (G2) cut back to 1 1/6 miles, Kentucky Derby Contenders looking for a softer spot to earn qualifying points or a good first season comeback race have looked to Tampa Bay Downs for their needs. This year’s Grade 2 Tampa Bay Derby attracted eleven competitors.