Horse racing picks, previews, tips and touts.
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
- Episode 42 – Graded Stakes Races at Arlington, Santa Anita, and Thistledown for 6-23-2018Expert Horse Player Steve Duckhorn makes picks on Graded Stakes Races at Arlington, Santa Anita, and Thistledown for 6-23-2018. Social Media: Twitter@offthechartshr, Facebook @offthechartshorseracing, available on iTunes, and favorite podcatcher. Google Play Music. Also available on Stitcher Radio , TuneIn Radio, Amazon Echo, and Spotify. Last Week Review: 5 Races
- Equibase Analysis: Who Might Pull Off Ohio Derby Upset?The 84th running of the Grade 3, $500,000 Ohio Derby pits a pair of off-the-board Kentucky Derby finishers in Lone Sailor (8th) and Flameaway (13th) against 10 others in race with a number of horses bound to contend for the early lead, perhaps at any cost. Last Drop of Wine
- Free Tuesday 6/19/18 Late Pick 4 SelectionsWelcome to Free Pick 4 Tuesday. Today, we have Late Pick 4 tickets for Finger Lakes, Presque Isle Downs, Louisiana Downs, Parx Racing, Thistledown, Mountaineer, Indiana Grand, Fort Erie, and Fairmount Park. Good luck today! Mountaineer Ticket Race 6: 8 Race 7: 3,5,7,8,9,1 Race 8: 1,5,3 Race 9: 3,7,8,5 Ticket Cost: $36 (.50 cent)
- A Fast LadyI’m hoping that Lady California can take them all the way in Race 1. We have a new episode of the podcast out now. We analyze every race on the Saturday program at Los Alamitos plus recap last week’s Ed Burke Million Trials and look ahead at Sunday’s Vessels Maturity
- Stephen Foster night stakes picksMy Old Kentucky Home lyrics as they appeared in the Kentucky Derby Day program for many years. In the bourbon business, it’s best to have a good product and, absent or in addition to that, a really good story. As noted last year, Stephen Foster’s connection to Kentucky is
- The Nomination Is In: The G1 Stephen Foster Handicap at Churchill Downs under the lightsJamie Squire/Getty ImagesWelcome Friends to the Turk and the Little Turk Blog. The Turk has taken a handicappers holiday for most of 2018 while he was finishing up a Master's Degree in Finance. The course work has mostly been used to analyze my poor betting capital allocations, but I'm back,
- Ed Burke Million TrialsThe first million-dollar futurity of the year has arrived. 92 two-year-olds will compete in eleven trials in hopes of becoming one of the ten fastest qualifiers at the end of the night. Those ten fastest qualifiers will return in two weeks to compete in the $1,060,000 final.All eyes will be
- Unblemished is the KeyWe just wrapped up an episode of the podcast with none other than Ed Burgart talking about his career and also full analysis for Sunday’s Ed Burke Million Trials. Stay alert to Anchor.fm and iTunes for the link.Saturday’s Pick & PlaysLos AlR1: 2-4-1R2: 5-2-4R3: 3-6-5R4: 7-1-4R5: 2-5-4R6: 6-3-2R7: 6-7-2R8: 1-6-4R9:
- 2018 Belmont Stakes Card PicksWe want you to form your opinion, but in case you’re curious here are our picks for the 2018 Belmont Stakes card.
- Big picks for big stakes on Belmont Stakes SaturdayHere are stakes picks for Saturday’s Belmont Stakes Day card, an annual cornucopia of wagering opportunities. Reflects early scratches. Race 2 | Easy Goer Stakes | 1 1/16 miles 1. Mask 2. Breaking the Rules 3. Rugbyman 4. Dark Vader Comment: Mask has room to improve in second start off the layoff, particularly
- Brian Nadeau’s Road to the Triple Crown: The Belmont StakesHe has taken us through every Derby prep since February, and at the end of the Triple Crown season, Brian Nadeau is back with his final race preview, as Justify tries to become the 13th Triple Crown winner. Can he do it? Brian takes a look. Belmont Park: The GI,
- Take 2: Ultimate GameLet’s see if Ultimate Game can avoid stumbling out of the gate today.Los AlR1: 7-4-6R2: 5-1-2R3: 5-6-4R4: 5-6-1R5: 6-5-2R6: 5-6-3R7: 3-1-2R8: 8-1-7$1 Early Pick44,6,71,2,551,4,5,6$36$1 Late Pick41,2,5,63,5,631,6,7,8$48$10 Late DoubleR7: 3R8: 1,8$20LOS PONIES LOCKRACE 3#5 ULTIMATE GAME-STUMBLED BADLY-BACK CLASS-GOOD EARLY SPEED
- Belmont Stakes 150: Trust your eyes or what’s on paper? Let odds be your guideBlended Citizen works at Keeneland Race Course. (Keeneland photo)Do you trust your eyes or look at what’s on the paper? The 150th Belmont Stakes will be, as it sells itself, “the test of the champion” — in this case Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes champion Justify. Barring a horse winning
- Belmont Stakes day 2018: Pick 5 analysisOn the latest edition of Drink, Place, and Show, Tony Bada Bing provides analysis of the late Pick 5 on Belmont Stakes day 2018. The all-stakes wager begins with race 7, the Woody Stephens, and concludes with Justify’s attempt to win the Triple Crown in race 11. As always
- 2018 Belmont Stakes PreviewTweetThe Buildings are taller in the big city can Justify finish and become the 13th Triple Crown winner? The 2018 Belmont Stakes Field Justify Undefeated, game and tested, Justify enters the Belmont Stakes riding a five-race winning streak and brings an undefeated record into Big Sandy. Justify has won three
- Belmont Stakes Racing Festival Friday stakes picksHere are stakes picks for Friday’s Belmont Stakes-eve card. Will attempt to update for any scratches. Race 3| Grade III Bed ‘o Roses Invitational | 7 furlongs 1. Cairenn 2. American Gal 3. Divine Miss Grey 4. Lewis Bay Comment: Cairenn scratched from a Preakness week stakes at sloppy Pimlico
- Betting the 2018 Belmont: Who do you like?In my preview of the Preakness, I noted that that race in general lacks the chaos of the Kentucky Derby. Ha—famous last words, before a race that took place after a week of downpours and on a track so encased in fog we couldn’t see the horses. And as he has
- Belmont Stakes Festival 2018 Thursday stakes picksHere are stakes picks for Thursday’s Belmont Park racing festival card, a tasty appetizer for the stakes smorgasbord of the following two days. Will attempt to update for any scratches. Race 6 | Astoria Stakes | 5 1/2 furlongs 1. Eyeinthesky 2. Tijori 3. Wonder Snow 4. Athens Queen Comment: Eyeinthesky
- Equibase Analysis: Does Justify Have What It Takes To Win Belmont, Triple Crown?The 150th running of the Grade 1, $1.5 million Belmont Stakes gives racing fans of all levels the opportunity to witness history for the second time in four years as the unbeaten Justify goes for the Triple Crown. Having won the Grade 1 Kentucky Derby in a field of 20
- Key In the LastLet’s see if we can end the week and the card with a winner. Tonight’s key horse will be in Race 8 with #2 Frozen Icon.Los AlR1: 3-1-5R2: 5-1-2R3: 3-4-6R4: 1-6-2R5: 1-5-6R6: 6-4-1R7: 1-4-3R8: 2-7-1$1 EARLY P41,2,3,51,2,3,531,6$32$1 LATE P41,4,5,64,61,3,4,62$32$10 LATE DOUBLER7: 1,4R8: 2LOS PONIES LOCKRACE 8#2 FROZEN ICON-SHARP GATE SPEED-FRESHENED -MAINTENANCE