Horse racing picks, previews, tips and touts.
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
- Aqueduct March 3Race 1 1 Bank Elaboration 2 Princess Maeve 3 Madeline’s Hope Race 2 6 Picture Day 5 Tiz Rae Anna 1 Tiz the Light Secondary (2, 3) Race 3 3 Crimson King 1 Numerical Race 4 8 Lady Constance 1 Exchanging Secrets 4 Special Dividend Secondary (3, 6) Race 5
- Good Magic Eight Ball: How Optix Sees the Fountain of Youth Stakesby EMILY GULLIKSON #6 GOOD MAGIC (7-5) as both the morning line favorite, and the likely post time favorite is a logical favorite. He is tough to knock on OptixPLOT, and both his class, OptixFIGs and OptixNOTES Grades are solid. Any concerns would be a function of the layoff and
- Handicapper’s Corner: Fountain of Youth Stakes (G2)2017 Juvenile Champ Returns in Fountain of YouthBy: Laurie Ross, IMTBredsThe Fountain of Youth (G2) is the second leg in a three-race sequence of Florida prep races for horses pointing to the Kentucky Derby. Contested at Gulfstream Park, the Florida series consists of the Holy Bull (G-3), Fountain of Youth
- Marconi interesting at the odds in the Fountain of YouthAt long last, the champ is back. Good Magic, who saw his stock skyrocket by winning the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile in dynamic fashion, will make his first start in four months when he takes on nine other sophomores with similar Kentucky Derby dreams in Saturday’s $400,000, Grade 2 Fountain
- BLINKERS OFF 282: Fountain of Youth Preview, Rapid-Fire, and Derby Trail TrackerThe Thoroughbred Racing Dudes preview the Grade 2, $400,000 Fountain of Youth Stakes (this weekend’s Kentucky Derby prep race from Gulfstream Park), give rapid-fire selections for the other major stakes races running across the country this weekend, and preview the Derby Trail Tracker with Saratoga Slim. Rapid-Fire Music by High
- Head to Head: Handicapping the Fountain of Youth StakesThe 1 1/6 mile 2018 Fountain of Youth Stakes (G2) at Gulfstream Park attracted ten three-year-old colts, including last year’s Champion Juvenile Good Magic, who is kicking off his three-year-old campaign. Trainer Dale Romans entered a trio of contenders, led by Holy Bull runner-up Free Drop Billy. The prep
- 2018 Fountain of Youth PreviewTweetThe road to Kentucky continues at Gulfstream Park with a field of ten colts entered. Juvenile champion Good Magic is the 7/5 morning line favorite with new Swale Stakes winner Strike Power listed as the second choice. Contenders: Good Magic dominated the Breeders Cup Juvenile, coming from just off the pace
- Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Reigns as 2018 Derby Prep Season’s Top RaceThe Breeders’ Cup Juvenile (G1) is the strongest race on the Road to the Kentucky Derby Presented by Woodford Reserve, according to proprietary data generated by Brisnet.com, the official data source of the Kentucky Derby. The Kentucky Derby Prep Season concluded with the Southwest Stakes (G3) on February 19 at
- Free Tuesday 2/27/18 Late Pick 4 SelectionsWelcome to Free Pick 4 Tuesday. Today, we have Late Pick 4 tickets for Turf Paradise, Sam Houston, Parx Racing, Mahoning Valley, Louisiana Downs, and Sunland Park. Good luck today! Sam Houston Ticket Race 6: 3,2,6,5 Race 7: 1,2 Race 8: 2,1,6,5 Race 9: 1,4,6,3 Ticket Cost: $64 (.50 cent) Louisiana Downs Ticket Race 4: 1,2,4
- Aqueduct February 24For those of you wondering, I finished 119th out of 695 entries in the NTRA-NHC in Las Vegas. I was actually only about $20 from making it to the finals. Disappointing, but being in the top 20% was a pretty decent debut. On Friday it really took me a while
- $150,000 Daytona (G3) – Santa AnitaRace 4 (Saturday, February 24, 2018: 5:00 p.m./ET; 2:00 p.m./PT) About six and one-half furlongs on turf (four-year-olds and upward) Trainer Peter Miller has become a dominant force in Southern California and is represented by three of the seven runners ready to rock and roll down the hillside turf course
- The Nomination Is In: The Hal’s Hope Grade 3 at Gulfstream ParkOut of the Handicapper HibernationWelcome friends to The Turk and the Little Turk Blog, now in our tenth year of providing free handicapping to people who never asked for it. Before I start to blather, I'd like to thank the good folks at The Thorofan and the The Thorofan Handicappers
- Equibase Analysis: Stormy Liberal Hopes To Make A Statement In G3 Daytona StakesThe Grade 3, $150,000 Daytona Stakes is going to be run early on the Saturday card at Santa Anita. When a stakes race is run early on the day it can mean the field is short and/or there's a standout. That could be the case in this year's race with
- Free Tuesday 2/20/18 Late Pick 4 SelectionsWelcome to Free Pick 4 Tuesday. Today, we have Late Pick 4 tickets for Turf Paradise, Sam Houston, Parx Racing, Mahoning Valley, Louisiana Downs, and Sunland Park. Good luck today! Sam Houston Ticket Race 6: 1,2 Race 7: 4,8,9,2,1,7 Race 8: 1,3,7 Race 9: 8,6 Ticket Cost: $36 (.50 cent) Louisiana Downs Ticket Race 4: 1,6
- Head to Head: Handicapping the 2018 Risen Star StakesThe Risen Star Stakes (G2) is the second leg of three Kentucky Derby prep races held at the Fair Grounds. The contest is the first 2018 Kentucky Derby qualifier under the 50-20-10-5 points system. Instilled Regard is the early favorite, fresh off a 3 3/4 length score in the
- Instilled Regard heads the Risen Star – 2018 Kentucky Derby PrepThe $400,000 Risen Star (G2) is the second leg of Fair Grounds Race Course’s road to Kentucky Derby 2018 and the first prep to offer 50 Derby qualifying points to the winner. To be run at a mile and a sixteenth, the race has drawn a field of 10.
- Los Al Sunday: GI Brad McKinzie Winter ChampionshipHe Looks Hot has unfortunately been scratched from tonight’s GI Brad McKinzie Winter Championship after going through emergency colic surgery.Picks posted below are before scratches. For in depth comments, analysis, trip notes and much more tune in to The Quarters live from Los Alamitos on TVGLos AlR1: 3-7-1R2: 4-3-2R3: 1-6-5R4:
- Los Al Sat: GI Winter DerbyThe Pick-6 carryover is over $19,000The featured event is the GI Winter DerbyLos AlR1: 7-3-6R2: 5-2-4R3: 3-1-5R4: 1-6-5R5: 4-2-5R6: 3-6-2R7: 3-6-5R8: 5-6-2R9: 9-2-3EARLY P43,72,51,3,51,5,6$36PICK61,5,642,3,63,5,652,9$108LATE P42,3,63,5,652,3,5,9$36$10 LATE DOUBLER8: 5R9: 2,9$20LOS PONIES LOCKRACE 8#5 WE HAVE A FAVORITE-Has won twice despite getting bumped-Should like the extra distance-Comes in fresh-Lightly raced
- Los Al: Friday CarryoverThese picks are before any late scratches. Tune in to TVG The Quarters for comments, analysis, and much more!Los AlR1: 5-6-3R2: 3-5-6R3: 2-1-3R4: 2-4-5R5: 5-4-2R6: 4-5-1R7: 4-5-1R8: 7-4-1EARLY P45,63,5,61,2,32,4$36PICK61,2,32,454,541,4,7$72LATE P451,4,51,4,51,4,7$27$10 LATE DOUBLER7: 4,5R8: 7$20LOS PONIES LOCKRACE 5#5 TEMPTING FUTURO-Posted nice easy drill of 12.30-Invades from Wyoming with competitive form-Barn does
- Tampa Bay Pick 5 – featuring Sam F. DavisDerby Day Racing is proud to present it’s video handicapping content. With all of these videos, our goal is to provide insight into handicapping, ticket structure, and how to best capitalize on your opinions to create winning wagers. In this first video, I will take a swing
- Aqueduct February 3Race 1 2 Arbitrator 4 War Eagle’s Return 3 American Road Secondary (6) Race 2 5 Wushu Warrior 2 Surprise Wonder 6 Theresa’s Boy Secondary (4) Race 3 1 Decorator Jenn 3 Angel Food 5 Short Kakes Secondary (2) Race 4 8 Shoe Loves Shoe 2 Asphalt Paving 4 Three
- Los Al: Blink of an Eye HandicapA short weekend of racing at Los Alamitos this weekend as we will be off Saturday and Sunday. Friday night’s program features the running of the 100-yard Blink of and Eye Handicap which will go as Race 8.Picks below are before scratches. Tune in to TVG’s The Quarters live from
- Equibase Analysis: Master Manipulator Could Spring Upset In Holy BullThe 29th running of the Grade 2, $350,000 Holy Bull Stakes not only is a “Road to the Kentucky Derby” race in which the top four finishers earn points that will enable them to start in the Kentucky Derby, but also kicks off the local three race series that moves
- Los Al: Maiden Stakes TrialsToday’s card features five trials for the maiden stakes. 38 runners will try to be one of the 10 fastest qualifiers to earn their spot for the $105,000 final on February 18. To be eligible for the trials, horses had to be maidens as of December 1 of 2017.Picks below
- Aqueduct January 27Race 1 3 Littlefirefighter 6 A Dixie Twister 2 For Honor Race 2 8 Blue Eyes 2 Go Kelly Go 7 Baby Boss Race 3 2 Takaful 5 Life in Shambles 3 Vulcan’s Forge Secondary (4) Race 4 2 Port Arch 6 Barefoot Angel 7 Mr. Massena Secondary (3) Race