Horse racing picks, previews, tips and touts.
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
- DAILY SELECTIONS FOR SARATOGA RACE COURSE – WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 14, 2019 // POST TIME – 12:50 P.M. EST- DAILY HANDICAPPING FOR AUGUST 14 - RACE 1: 5 - GO GET THE BASIL 10-1 4 -
- 08-11-2019 Del Mar Full CardWe should have had that late pick 4 yesterday for a very handsome payout with the mid morning change I made for race 8. We entered the last race with 6 of the nine horses including the top three choices but alas the frontrunners left the gate open and a
- Spa Sunday Race 9Is it worth it to write words about a turf sprint? It’s just going to be a mess and someone will win, probably one of the better ones but maybe not. There are going to be more turf sprints, not less, as we move forward. They are handicappable as well,
- 08-10-2019 Del Mar Full CardYou need to login to view this content. Please Login. Not a Member? Join Us
- SEASON 2 Episode 46 – Graded Stakes Races at Arlington Park for 8-10-2019Expert Horse Player Steve Duckhorn makes picks on Graded Stakes Races at Arlington Park for 8-10-2019.Social Media: Twitter@offthechartshr, Facebook @offthechartshorseracing, available on iTunes, and the Apple Podcasts app as well as your favorite podcatcher. Google Podcast. Also available on Stitcher Radio , TuneIn Radio, Amazon Echo, and Spotify.Last Week Review:
- Seoul Sunday: Race-By-Race Preview (August 11)Sunday sees a bumper 15-race daytime card at Seoul from 10:45 to 18:00. Here are the previews: Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million (9) AN MOK HANG was beaten when favourite on her latest start four weeks ago. That was against considerably better opposition than she
- Spa Sunday Race 7No Saturday action for me this week. Timing didn’t work out to do any meaningful handicapping. I have an entry only into the Orleans Fall Classic but am trying to qualify for Entry+$500 travel between now and then, at least once. I played a feeder into Saturday’s qualifier that would
- Million Week 2019: Picks and PonderingsThe 2019 Arlington Million is upon us, and both at Picks and Ponderings and elsewhere, I've got plenty of analysis for the big day. Here at Picks and Ponderings, I've got full previews of all five stakes races: Arlington Million (G1) Beverly D. Stakes (G1) Secretariat Stakes (G1) Pucker Up
- The Happy HorseplayerThe “Dog Days of Summer” are upon and summer racing is in full flight. – I’ve taken my time off and enjoyed the little things. You know, going to the races on a Saturday afternoon, swimming in the middle of the day, reading, and just having that fleeting feeling I
- DAILY SELECTIONS FOR SARATOGA RACE COURSE – SUNDAY, AUGUST 11, 2019 // POST TIME – 1:00 P.M. EST- DAILY HANDICAPPING FOR AUGUST 11 - RACE 1: 4 - MAJORITY RULES 6-5 3 - FOUR TEN
- Handicapper’s Corner: 2019 Beverly D. (G1)The Arlington Revolution - Can Europe Reclaim the Beverly D.?By: Alex Sausville, Off The Turf PodcastArlington Million Day has been known for bringing some exceptional international talent to the windy city. The Beverly D itself has hosted many European connections to its winner’s circle including the likes of Dank and
- Handicapper’s Corner: 2019 Arlington Million (G1)Arlington Million: Can Bricks and Mortar Hold it Together? By: Nicolle Neulist, Blinkers-OffThe centerpiece of the summer meet at Arlington is the Arlington Million: the world's first million-dollar Thoroughbred race when it was inaugurated in 1981. Its first running is commemorated with a statue overlooking the paddock at Arlington Park: a
- 08-09-2019 Del Mar Friday Full CardYou need to login to view this content. Please Login. Not a Member? Join Us
- Equibase Analysis: Can Anyone Stop Bricks And Mortar In Arlington Million?For some handicappers and racing fans, the field for the 37th running of the Grade 1, $1 million Arlington Million is divided into two groups – Bricks and Mortar and everyone else. Bricks and Mortar is the definitive leader in the Breeders' Cup Turf division in North America, having won
- Seoul Saturday: Race-By-Race Preview (August 10)After a week off, racing returns to the capital on Saturday with 11-races from 14:25 to 21:00. Here are the previews: Race 1: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million A maiden to kick things off and a few of them come in off the back of promising performances.
- DAILY SELECTIONS FOR SARATOGA RACE COURSE – SATURDAY, AUGUST 10, 2019 // POST TIME – 1:00 P.M. EST- DAILY HANDICAPPING FOR AUGUST 10 - RACE 1: 4 - EL DULCE 8-5 1 - YES AND
- Million Week 2019: Bruce D. Memorial Stakes PreviewThe Bruce D. Memorial Stakes is the only one of Saturday's five stakes carded for the polytrack, and the only ungraded stakes of the group. Originally run as the Straight Line Stakes between 2012 and 2014, it was renamed in 2015 to honour R. Bruce Duchossois (1950-2014), son of Arlington Park
- Million Week 2019: Pucker Up Stakes PreviewThis race is named after Pucker Up, the 1957 Champion Older Female Horse. Owned by Dan and Ada Rice (who campaigned 1965 Kentucky Derby winner Lucky Debonair) and trained by Jimmy Conway, she went on a tear at age four. At Arlington, she beat her own sex in the Arlington
- DAILY SELECTIONS FOR SARATOGA RACE COURSE – FRIDAY, AUGUST 09, 2019 // POST TIME – 1:00 P.M. EST- DAILY HANDICAPPING FOR AUGUST 09 - RACE 1: 4 - EL DULCE 8-5 3 - SMOOTH TALES
- Million Week 2019: Secretariat Stakes PreviewSecretariat's Triple Crown run in 1973 ensures that he will remain top of mind as a dirt horse. Even the Arlington Invitational, his first race back after his historic Belmont Stakes, was a dirt race. However, the final two starts of Secretariat's career happened over grass. His turf debut came
- Million Week 2019: Beverly D. Stakes PreviewWhen you have a racetrack, and want to honour your late wife, you can hardly do better than running one of the premier filly and mare turf races of the year in her name. The Beverly D. Stakes takes its name from Beverly Duchossois, wife of Arlington Park chairman Richard Duchossois.
- Million Week 2019: Arlington Million PreviewThe centerpiece of the summer meet at Arlington is the Arlington Million: the world's first million-dollar Thoroughbred race when it was inaugurated in 1981. Its first running is commemorated with a statue overlooking the paddock at Arlington Park: a replica of the tight photo finish that went to John Henry
- Busan Sunday: Race-By-Race Preview (August 4)Busan will take next weekend off and they’ll certainly have earned it as they go out with a bumper 15-race card on Sunday with races from 10:45 to 18:00. Here are the previews: Busan Sunday Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million A very ordinary maiden to
- Handicapper’s Corner: 2019 Test Stakes (G1)A Tough TestBy: Nick Costa, Trackside with Trackman Summer racing continues at the “Spa’ with the Test Stakes, featuring three-year old fillies, coming our way this Saturday from Saratoga Racecourse. A competitive field of seven runners will line up on the dirt track and race seven furlongs for the winner's
- Handicapper’s Corner: 2019 Whitney Stakes (G1)This Year, a Memorable Whitney StakesBy: Michael Mills, ThoroFan Member There have been many memorable Whitney Stakes over the years. The most memorable for me was August 5, 1973 when my mom brought me with her from our lake house to meet other family members for the Whitney “to