Horse racing picks, previews, tips and touts.
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
- $300,000 American Oaks (G1) – Santa Anita ParkRace 7 (Saturday, December 30, 2017: 6:30 p.m./ET: 3:30 p.m./PT) Mile and a quarter on the turf (three-year-old fillies) Trainer Chad Brown has been a terror on the turf and he looks to continue that hot streak by shipping in two three-year-old fillies to Southern California for Saturday’s feature race
- $100,000 Damon Runyon – AqueductRace 8 (Saturday, December 30, 2017: 3:50 p.m./ET; 12:50 p.m./PT) One mile on the main track (New York bred two-year-olds) Top trainers Bill Mott and Todd Pletcher each have two runners in this field of nine runners. Will the rich get richer or will one of the other conditioners take
- $100,000 H. Allen Jerkens – Gulfstream ParkRace 5 (Saturday, December 30, 2017: 2:05 p.m./ET; 11:05 a.m./PT) Two miles on the turf (three-year-olds and upward) A unique two-mile turf marathon highlights the 11-race card on Saturday at Gulfstream Park. Let’s analyze the field and try to identify those horses who may have the staying power to get
- Equibase Analysis: Rymska, New Money Honey Formidable Pair For Chad Brown In American OaksThe 16th running of the Grade 1, $300,000 American Oaks Stakes is the last grade 1 stakes of 2017 and it's a doozy, featuring a field of 10 three-year-old fillies going 10 furlongs on the turf. In terms of credentials, multiple grade 1 stakes winner New Money Honey leads the
- Aqueduct December 23Race 1 2 My Perfect Gem 3 Honor and Pleasure 7 Peculiar Sensation Secondary (4) Race 2 11 Thenameescapesme 3 Pence 14 Barefoot Angel Secondary (2, 1) Race 3 7 Lady Suebee 6 No Deal 4 My Miss Lilly Secondary (3) Race 4 1/1A Clutch Cargo/Heart in Hand 4 Blewitt
- Talking Horses: The World’s End could take on favourite UnowhatimeanharryYoung talent was beaten handily at Haydock but he could be worth taking a chance on in the Long Walk HurdleFamiliarity, as well as talent, has quite a bit to do with which horses end up at the top of the market in high-profile jumps races and so of course
- Talking Horses: Why it might be time to take on Finian’s OscarColin Tizzard’s crack youngster has been a good friend to Talking Horses but today’s race looks like a recovery mission.... will be live at 1pm. Turn up on time for a chance to win tickets to Cheltenham next month. The quiz will appear at the top of our racing front
- BLINKERS OFF 270: 5th Annual Dudes’ Triple Crown Fantasy DraftThe Thoroughbred Racing Dudes conduct the 5th Annual Dudes’ Triple Crown Fantasy Draft for the upcoming 2018 Triple Crown racing season. (Draft music by ESPN’s NFL Primetime. We do not own the music used in this podcast. No copyright infringement intended. For entertainment purposes only.) Blinkers Off provides weekly insights
- Equibase Analysis: Who Might Topple X Y Jet In Mr. Prospector Stakes?The 63rd running of the Grade 3, $100,000 Mr. Prospector Stakes marks the comeback for X Y Jet, winner of more than $800,000 in his career and a multiple graded stakes winner. X YJet won the 2015 edition of the Mr. Prospector, but has been away from the races for
- Hughie Morrison questions BHA’s rigour as Our Little Sister hearing concludes• Trainer in doping case says governing body did not investigate properly• Verdict due on Friday with Morrison claiming malicious interventionHughie Morrison painted a picture of official laxity allowing a racehorse doper to go undetected as his hearing drew to a close before a disciplinary panel. Morrison, a trainer based
- Talking Horses: best Wednesday bets for Kempton, Newbury and LingfieldThere’s night racing at Kempton where Lacan offers good value in the 6.10The £25,000 Listed mares’ novice chase at Newbury is an interesting puzzle, not least because Ms Parfois, the 2-1 favourite, returns to action just five days after winning a handicap at Cheltenham’s December meeting. If she runs up
- Hughie Morrison alleges ‘malicious’ doping plot on first day of BHA hearing• Trainer’s filly Our Little Sister returned positive nandrolone test in January• Morrison says should not be penalised under strict liability regulationsThe battle lines were drawn on Tuesday in a case that could result in the Group One-winning trainer Hughie Morrison banned from racing for at least a year. The
- Free Tuesday 12/19/17 Late Pick 4 SelectionsWelcome to Free Pick 4 Tuesday. Today, we have Late Pick 4 tickets for Portland Meadows, Turf Paradise, Parx Racing, Mahoning Valley, and Sunland Park. Last week we had a nice score at Turf Paradise as we cashed a $426.55 pick 4 on a $45 ticket. Good luck today! Turf Paradise
- A few moments with Jorge NavarroA few days ago Joe Santos talked with Jorge Navarro I was glad to get the chance to speak with trainer Jorge Navarro, who is coming off a banner year with big wins in the Vanderbilt with El Deal, as well as a big win to cap the
- Handicapper’s Corner: Harlan’s Holiday Stakes (G3)Nine Horses Ready for the HolidayBy: Laurie Ross, IMTBreds The Grade 3 Harlan’s Holiday Stakes was named in honor of a colt who captured the Florida Derby and Donn stakes at Gulfstream Park and evolved into a successful sire. His sons at stud include Into Mischief, Majesticperfection, andChampion juvenile Shanghai
- Aqueduct December 16Race 1 4 Scarf It Down 1 Alaapatique 7 Shadow Rider Secondary (1) Race 2 5 Leah’s Dream 8 Party Spot 10 This Bird Can Sing Secondary (1, 4) Race 3 3 Town Tart 2 Boule 1 Full House Secondary (4, 5) Race 4 5 Niko Strong 10 Steelersfanforlife 12
- BLINKERS OFF 269: San Luis Rey Fire, Springboard Mile Preview, and Futurity DQThe Thoroughbred Racing Dudes discuss the devastating fire at San Luis Rey Downs, preview the $400,000 Springboard Mile from Remington Park, and give thoughts on the controversial DQ in last weekend’s Grade 1, $300,000 Los Alamitos CashCall Futurity. Blinkers Off provides weekly insights into the world of horse racing, including
- Equibase Analysis: Remington Park’s Springboard Mile A Wide-Open AffairThe $400,000 Remington Springboard Mile Stakes is a significant race for two-year-olds who aspire to prove they are worthy of being considered Kentucky Derby quality in the upcoming months. Twelve colts and geldings are entered in this year's edition, led by Grade 3 Bob Hope Stakes winner Greyvitos, who posted
- Free Tuesday 12/12/17 Late Pick 4 SelectionsWelcome to Free Pick 4 Tuesday. Today, we have Late Pick 4 tickets for Remington Park, Portland Meadows, Turf Paradise, Parx Racing, Mahoning Valley, and Zia Park. The Pick 4’s have struggled in recent weeks as we’ve had a bad case of the 3 out of 4’s, but we are looking
- Getting to Know: Jockey Agent Jimmy RiccioFor those who don’t know what a jockey agent does, they are the person responsible for connecting trainers and their race horses to the jockeys who will ride said horses in any particular race. The agent negotiates fees to be paid as well as compensation for the jockey’s work. The
- Sunday’s Turf Takes Gulfstream Park5 Turf races today at Gulfstream Park here are my takes on each of them. Race 2: 11-3-2-6 11-Para Vivir versatile filly she’s won on dirt & turf. her running style fits here as well she can sit off the pace or try to make the lcead.
- Handicappers Corner: CashCall Futurity (G1)Easy Money in the CashCall FuturityBy: Laurie Ross, IMTBredsThe CashCall Futurity is the last Grade One race of the year held for two-year-old colts, and is a 2018 Kentucky Derby qualifier. Since the race’s inception in 1981, 16 colts who hit the board in the Futurity have also run in
- $125,000 Kingarvie – WoodbineRace 8 (Saturday, December 9, 2017: 4:26 p.m./ET; 1:26 p.m./PT) Mile and a sixteenth (Ontario-bred two-year-olds) Six of the 10 runners in the feature race on Saturday at Woodbine exit the Frost King Stakes. Will one of the equines exiting the Frost King win the Kingarvie, or will one of
- Turf Takes: Thursday 12/7Today I have 3 turf takes all of them are at Gulfstream Race 2: 6-Tale of Kantharos very lightly raced 3-yo last 2 races on the turf both resulted in wins. 2/2 at GP & today’s distance 5F. Luis Saez rides Race 6: 1-Appreciate Gaffalione~Clement last 60 days
- #WeStandWithLiamIn case you missed this over the weekend, Saturday right after the second race the entire jockey colony came out to support #WeStandWithLiam. You May ask who is Liam? Well Liam is a great 13 year old young man. Who just happens to be John Velazquez’s nephew. Liam recently concluded