Horse racing picks, previews, tips and touts.
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
- Handicapper’s Corner: 2019 Belmont Stakes Handicapper’s ConsensusThoroFan 'Cappers Face Test of ChampionsThe ThoroFan Handicappers resolutely face the Test of Champions, while making their selections for the 2019 Belmont Stakes. Doc hauls out the dartboard and gives us his best bet superfecta play! It has gotten closer in each of the first 2 legs of the Triple Crown
- 2019 Belmont Stakes Racing Festival Friday stakes picksHere are stakes picks for Friday’s Belmont Stakes-eve card. Will be updated to reflect any scratches. Race 5| Grade III Bed ‘o Roses Invitational | 7 furlongs 1. Separationofpowers 2. Chalon 3. Pacific Gale 4. Dawn the Destroyer Comment: Two-time Grade 1 winner Separationofpowers figures to improve in her second
- Seoul Saturday: Race-By-Race Preview (June 8)After a wet Friday, the clouds have cleared and we’re set for 10 races at Seoul on Saturday from 10:45 to 18:00: Race 1: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million Quite an open maiden to begin with. (5) CHEONHA YEOJE gets the verdict on the back of an
- Free Selections – Friday, 6/7/19 – BelmontThere is some great racing leading into the 151st edition of the Belmont Stakes. – It’s never too late to add a few more dollars into your bankroll. Use these as an appetizer and be sure to download your Winning Ponies E-Z Win Forms for the best view on how
- $1,000,000 Manhattanby Tom Quigley $1,000,000 Manhattan (G1) at Belmont ParkRace 10 (Saturday, June 8, 2019: 5:36 p.m./ET: 2:36 p.m./PT)Mile and a quarter on the turf (four-year-olds and up) The Manhattan (G1) always attracts the top marathon turf horses in the U.S., with the 2019 edition holding no exceptions. Trainer Chad Brown
- $700,000 Ogden Phippsby Tom Quigley $700,000 Ogden Phipps (G1) at Belmont ParkRace 5 (Saturday, June 8, 2019: 2:01 p.m./ET; 11:01 a.m./PT)Mile and a sixteenth on the main track (fillies and mares, four-years-old and up) One of eight Grade I stakes events on the Belmont Day program, the Ogden Phipps (G1) brings together
- How to play the all-stakes Pick 4 on Belmont Stakes DayBricks and Mortar winning the Pegasus World Cup Turf (G1) - Photo by Ashley Blum/Adam Coglianese Photography There will be no shortage of wagering options on Belmont Stakes Day at Belmont Park, but one of the most appealing bets is the Pick 4 that kicks off in Race 8. The
- 2019 Belmont Stakes Festival Thursday stakes picksHere are stakes picks for Thursday’s Belmont Park racing festival card. This will be updated for scratches. Race 3 | Grade III Wonder Again Stakes | 1 1/8 miles inner turf 1. Newspaperofrecord 2. Cambier Parc 3. Chocolate Kisses 4. Kelsey’s Cross Comment: Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf winner Newspaperofrecord was respectable at Churchill
- 2019 Belmont Gold Cup Preview and Belmont Thursday-Friday Stakes SelectionsAs the Breeders' Cup is in the fall, the Belmont Stakes Racing Festival is at the end of spring. The weekend has established itself as American racing's top midyear showcase, and the action begins Thursday. Picks and Ponderings will, of course, turn its eyes toward Belmont this week. In addition to fully
- Equibase Analysis: Who Will Prevail In ‘Test of the Champion’ Belmont Stakes?The win contender list for the 151st running of the Grade 1, $1.5 million Belmont Stakes has to start with War of Will, who rebounded from a rough trip in the Kentucky Derby to win the Grade 1 Preakness Stakes three weeks ago. Preakness runner-up Everfast, who rallied from more
- Santa Anita opinions for Saturday, June 1Preview: Looks like a very chalky card so go light. FIRST RACE: 1. Aussie Fox, 2. Boru, 3. Conquest Smartee. LONG SHOT: Righful. SECOND RACE: 1. Tiz Toffee, 2. Ciao Luna, 3. Pied N True. LONG SHOT: Cee Sam’s Girl. THIRD RACE: 1. Bitter Ring Home, 2. Tough It Out,
- SEASON 2 Episode 39 – Graded Stakes Races at Santa Anita and Arlington Park for 6-1-2019Expert Horse Player Steve Duckhorn makes picks on Graded Stakes Races at Santa Anita and Arlington Park for 6-1-2019.Social Media: Twitter@offthechartshr, Facebook @offthechartshorseracing, available on iTunes, and favorite podcatcher. Google Podcast. Also available on Stitcher Radio , TuneIn Radio, Amazon Echo, and Spotify.Last Week Review: 3 Graded Stakes Races -
- Handicapper’s Corner: 2019 Santa Maria Stakes (G2)Santa Maria Stakes Will Have Forceful EndingBy: Michael Amo, ThoroFan ChairmanThis small field of accomplished field of fillies and mares will offer a great race to watch and maybe wager on. With a collection of top jocks and trainers, the race should be run true to each horse’s form. The
- Santa Anita opinions for Friday, May 31FIRST RACE: 1. Midnight Bandit, 2. Will Dance,r 3. Outlaw. LONG SHOT: Big Bad Gary. SECOND RACE: 1. Dearborn, 2. Breezy Bee, 3. Take a Leap. LONG SHOT: Ruby Trust. THIRD RACE: 1. Next Flight, 2. Include the Tax, 3. Cal’s Gem. LONG SHOT: Project Leader. FOURTH RACE: 1. Rumpus
- Free Selections – Thursday, May 30, 2019The weekend will be here before you know it. – Let’s get a jump on our bankroll building and use these free selections as a starting point. – Be sure to download the Winning Ponies E-Z Win Forms for the final answer on how the race will take shape. –
- 2019 Arlington Matron PreviewThe Arlington Matron, nowadays the only nine-furlong polytrack stakes for fillies and mares, will be run for the eighty-second time this year. Several past and present local stakes namesakes have counted the Arlington Matron among their victories. Pucker Up (1957) has a turf stakes run in her name on Arlington Million
- Santa Anita opinions for Monday, May 27Note: I won’t put up picks until I know the condition of the main track and turf course Monday morning in Arcadia. Sorry. Good luck.
- Santa Anita opinions for Sunday, May 26Preview: I’m only doing the dirt races for now. There is suppose to overnight rain so the turf races certainly seem to in jeopardy on the card. SECOND RACE: 1. Beyond Pleasure, 2. K P Satellite, 3. Perfect Portrait. LONG SHOT: Girl Can Partie. FOURTH RACE: 1. Comical, 2. Golden
- Santa Anita Memorial Day Grade 1 TripleWith the Memorial Day holiday, this weekend stretches to Monday. Locally, it means a holiday race card at Arlington on Monday. (Chicago Race of the Day can help keep you on top of that!) Nationally, it means the three Grade 1 races of the weekend all happen on Monday. They're
- MONMOUTH STAKES (G2T)RULER OF MONMOUTH Michael Mills Off to The Shore for the Memorial Day Weekend and the Grade 2 Monmouth Stakes to be run at 1 1/8 miles over the turf course. Here is the field: #1 Monarchs Glen Mott 5-year-old by Frankel makes his second U.S. start and second
- SEASON 2 Episode 38 – Graded Stakes Races at Santa Anita for 5-25-2019Expert Horse Player Steve Duckhorn makes picks on Graded Stakes Races at Santa Anita for 5-25-2019.Social Media: Twitter@offthechartshr, Facebook @offthechartshorseracing, available on iTunes, and favorite podcatcher. Google Podcast. Also available on Stitcher Radio , TuneIn Radio, Amazon Echo, and Spotify.Last Week Review: 5 Graded Stakes Races - 2 Top Two
- Announcing: Chicago Race of the DayThere's Grade 1 action at Santa Anita coming up on Monday, so that's where we'll be looking with our race previews. But, if you're looking for racing analysis sooner and closer to home, you're in luck! This spring I've started a podcast called Chicago Race of the Day, in which
- Equibase Analysis: Who’s The ‘Prime Attraction’ In Charles Whittingham Stakes?The Grade 2, $200,000 Charles Whittingham Stakes brings together a field of seven including the 2017 winner of this race, Ashleyluvssugar, who has not won in 11 races since his victory two years ago. Also winless in quite some time is Prime Attraction, whose last victory came in the Grade
- Free Selections – Thursday 5/23/19As I like to say there is such a thing as a “free lunch.” – Here are some free selections to build your bankroll and start thinking about the weekend. – Be sure to download the E-Z Win Forms for the definitive answer on how the race will take shape. –
- 2019 Preakness Day stakes picksAs noted below, the picks for the Preakness Stakes are in a previous post, to which a link is provided. (Speaking of which, what’s with this logo? Also, as is the custom, these picks will be updated to reflect scratches. Race 3 | Sir Barton Stakes | 1 1/16 miles 1. King