Horse racing picks, previews, tips and touts.
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
- Streamline and Cammack Make It a Day for the Durable Illinois-BredsThe older turf horse divisions in Illinois, both male and female, have been strong in recent years. And, today's pair of turf stakes races at Hawthorne Race Course were both won by longtime Illinois runners with deep family roots in the state. Six-year-old Streamline, a multiple graded stakes winner on dirt
- Seoul & Busan Sunday: Race-By-Race Preview (October 28)Dae Wan Man rallied late to land Seoul’s heat of the Juvenile Series 2nd leg on Saturday afternoon. On Sunday it’s Busan’s turn to stage its main lead up race for December’s Breeders’ Cup. The Gimhae Mayor’s Cup is the main event of a 6-race card at Busan which runs
- 10-27-2018 Santa Anita Full CardAn early noon post time today for what looks like a great 11 race card. We start things off in race 1 on the Hillside course and race 4 is a maidens race that is so wide open what is a punter to do! All or single. Pick
- The GQ Approach – Laurel October 26 * The Racing BizThe GQ Approach features full-card selections from Laurel Park for the live Fall racing meet, Post Time 12:35 pm EDT including a daily Best Bet, Longshot Play, and multi-race wagers — including the 20 cent Rainbow Pick-6, 50 cent Early and Late Pick-5s, as well as Pick-4s and rolling Doubles,
- $100,000 Autumn Miss (G3) – Santa Anita ParkRace 10 (Saturday, October 27, 2018: 7:30 p.m./ET; 4:30 p.m./PT) Mile on turf (three-year-old fillies) A full field of 14 fillies is set to voyage one mile on the firm turf course at The Great Race Place this Saturday. We’ve got lots to cover; let’s get to handicapping: #1 PULPIT
- $100,000 English Channel – Belmont ParkRace 8 (Saturday, October 27: 4:35 p.m./ET; 1:35 p.m./PT) Mile on turf (three-year-olds) With the threat of rain in the forecast, handicappers should prepare for either a wet turf course or a ‘moved to the main track’ dirt race. With that in mind, let’s try to put together this handicapping
- $200,000 Bold Ruler Handicap (G3) – Belmont ParkRace 9 (Saturday, October 27, 2018: 5:08 p.m./ET; 2:08 p.m./PT) Seven furlongs on the main track (three-year-olds and upward) One of three stakes races on Belmont’s Saturday card is the Grade 3 Bold Ruler, named after a prolific sire that went on to produce 11 champions, including the great SECRATARIAT.
- SEASON 2 Episode 8 – Graded Stakes Races at Belmont,Keeneland, and Santa Anita for 10-27-2018Expert Horse Player Steve Duckhorn makes picks on Graded Stakes Races at Belmont, Keeneland, and Santa Anita for 10-27-2018. Social Media: Twitter@offthechartshr, Facebook @offthechartshorseracing, available on iTunes, and favorite podcatcher. Google Podcast. Also available on Stitcher Radio , TuneIn Radio, Amazon Echo, and Spotify. Last Week Review: 8 Races -
- Vertem Futurity Trophy Post Stakes Racing Roundup©2018 Calvin L. Carter. All rights reserved.This Saturday, the European road to the 2019 Kentucky Derby (G1) takes us to Doncaster Racecoursein Doncaster, South Yorkshire, England where MAGNA GRECIA has been tabbed as the 7-5 Twinspires.com morning line favorite in the Group One Vertem Futurity Trophy Post Stakes.To date, Magna
- Handicapper’s Corner: Fayette S (G2)Scuba a Longshot Play in Soggy Fayette StakesBy: John Caro, S. FL ThoroFan Member A small but hardy field is scheduled to run in the Fayette and weather may be a factor. The forecast is 40-50% chance of rain all day and 50° with NW winds. Could make this a special
- Seoul Saturday: Gwacheon Mayor’s Cup Day: Race-By-Race Preview (October 27)There is a big 13-race card at Seoul on Saturday running from 10:45 to 18:00. The feature race of the day is the Gwacheon Mayor’s Cup, Seoul’s heat in the 2nd leg of the Juvenile Series: Dae Wan Ma crossed the line 1st in the Munhwa Ilbo Cup onlyh to be
- 2018 Buck’s Boy Handicap and Illini Princess Handicap PreviewThe stakes portion of the Hawthorne meet begins this Saturday, as Hawthorne hopes to get the pair of Illinois-bred turf stakes in before the weather turns too cold (or, too flighty) to keep them on the grass. It looks like Mother Nature is going to cooperate, and both of the
- Golden State Million Futurity TrialsTen trials are set for the Golden State Million Futurity. The Ed Burke Million winner Wave Her Down is in trial number eight. We analyze every trial on this week's episode of the Los Ponies Podcast.Listen and Subscribe:Anchor goo.gl/guJeYW Spotify goo.gl/j9rdvv iTunes goo.gl/Ej4L5Y GPod goo.gl/Xp4t5xLock of the Night:Race 7#1 TranscendLongshot
- The Nomination Is In: The Dowager G3 over Turf at KeenelandPhoto by: KeenelandWelcome Friends to The Turk and the Little Turk blog.I've wanted to play Keeneland for the past few weeks but work was busy, I was traveling quite a bit, and I just ran out of time. With few graded stakes left in the meet, I think Sunday's Dowager
- Santa Anita updateJust a personal note. As some know and others don’t, I have been battling an illness for months and started treatments during Del Mar. I completed those treatments 10 days ago, but I have been left very tired while working my regular job through the process. I just don’t have
- The GQ Approach – Laurel October 20 * The Racing BizThe GQ Approach features full-card selections from Laurel Park, including a daily Best Bet, Longshot Play, and multi-race wagers. The post The GQ Approach – Laurel October 20 appeared first on The Racing Biz.
- SEASON 2 Episode 7 – Belmont Stakes Races for 10-20-2018Expert Horse Player Steve Duckhorn makes picks on Stakes Races at Belmont for 10-20-2018. Social Media: Twitter@offthechartshr, Facebook @offthechartshorseracing, available on iTunes, and favorite podcatcher. Google Podcast. Also available on Stitcher Radio , TuneIn Radio, Amazon Echo, and Spotify. Last Week Review: 2 Races - 2 Top Two Pick Winners.
- Handicapper’s Corner: Maryland Million ClassicIntriguing Field set for Maryland Million ClassicBy: The Turk Jim McKay. Photo: Blood HorseWelcome friends to The Turk and the Little Turk, a horse racing analysis blog serving a rabid audience since 2008. I'd like to thank The Thorofan for allowing me the opportunity to talk to their members and
- Handicapper’s Corner: Empire Classic StakesPrice Play in the Empire StakesBy: Michael Mills, They're in the GateThe Empire Classic Handicap on NY Showcase Day presents an interesting field and contest. The defending champ Twisted Tom is back with a new trainer after disappointing as the heavy favorite in his last two. Last year’s second and
- The Nomination Is In: The Maryland Million Classic at Laurel ParkJim McKay. Photo: Blood HorseWelcome friends to The Turk and the Little Turk, a horse racing analysis blog serving a rabid audience since 2008. I'd like to thank The Thorofan for allowing me the opportunity to talk to their members and readers of The Handicappers Corner as well.Jim McKay, a
- THE MAGIC MIKE SHOW 023: Stronach 5 PreviewThe Magic Mike Show previews the Stronach 5 wager for Friday, October 19, 2018. The Magic Mike Show with Curtis “Magic” Kalleward and Mike Somich is the ultimate horse racing recap show covering all of the action from each and every weekend. Listen to these Racing Dudes weekly to hear
- 2018 Raven Run Stakes PreviewThis Saturday's featured race at Keeneland is the Grade 2 Raven Run Stakes. The race has been run since 1999, and has always been a seven-furlong sprint for three-year-old fillies over the Keeneland main track. It earned Grade 3 status in 2002, and gained its current Grade 2 designation in
- Equibase Analysis: Opportunities Abound In Raven Run StakesThe 20th edition of the Grade 2, $250,000 Lexus Raven Run Stakes enticed 16 owners and trainers to enter one of the last graded stakes this year for 3-year-olds only. Leading the field in terms of accomplishments is 2017 Grade 1 Chandelier Stakes winner Moonshine Memories, who was last seen
- Early Look for the Breeders’ CupWith each passing day, the biggest stage of racing readies for the action. – It is never too early to get a jump on your handicapping, and starting right here is the perfect beginning! – Best of luck from Winning Ponies! Breeders’ Cup Turf Sprint = 5 1/2f on
- Breeders’ Cup Classic 2018 Spotlight: Catholic BoyIt’s mid-October, which means two things: The Breeders’ Cup is right around the corner (just two weeks away) and the NCAA football season is heating up with the top programs looking to emerge with an opportunity to stake their spot in the college football playoffs. There is an interesting tie-in