Horse racing picks, previews, tips and touts.
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
Looking for commentary, news & replays? Try The Wire!
- Equibase Analysis: One Of Two Brad Cox Trainees Could Spring Preakness UpsetOnly four of the 13 horses entered to run in the Grade 1, $1.5 million Preakness Stakes ran in the Kentucky Derby two weeks ago, leaving more than two-thirds of the Preakness field consisting of horses which did not run in the Derby for various reasons. Of the group which
- Brian Nadeau’s Road to the Triple Crown: The Preakness StakesPimlico: The GI, $1.5 million Preakness at 1 3/16 miles by Brian Nadeau War Of Will and Tyler Gaffalione winning the Lecomte in January. Hodges Photography/Brit Benson #1 War of Will (4-1): The much ballyhooed eighth-place finisher in the Kentucky Derby (he was moved up to seventh after race winner
- SEASON 2 Episode 37 – Graded Stakes Races at Pimlico for 5-18-2019Expert Horse Player Steve Duckhorn makes picks on Graded Stakes Races at Pimlico for 5-18-2019.Social Media: Twitter@offthechartshr, Facebook @offthechartshorseracing, available on iTunes, and favorite podcatcher. Google Podcast. Also available on Stitcher Radio , TuneIn Radio, Amazon Echo, and Spotify. Last Week Review: 4 Graded Stakes Races - 2 Top Pick
- Pick: Loser of Kentucky Derby battle to win Preakness Stakes 144 warRace 13 | Grade I Preakness Stakes | 1 3/16 miles 1. War of Will 2. Improbable 3. Owendale 4. Bodexpress 5. Anothertwistafate Comment: The argument over the Kentucky Derby only will escalate when War of Will wears the garland of painted daisies (to be Black-eyed Susans). If he’s as
- Handicapper’s Corner: 2019 Preakness Stakes (G1)ThoroFan Handicappers Preaking Out! The collective minds of the ThoroFan Handicappers take their best shot at the 2018 Preakness. Picks are for first through third place and their best longshot bomb. Good Luck to everyone and Get Your Preak On! HANDICAPPER FIRST SECOND THIRD LONGSHOT Michael Amo Bourbon War Improbable Owendale
- 2019 Preakness Stakes PreviewTweet Old Hilltop in Baltimore for the Iconic middle Jewel of the Triple Crown. A bulky field of 13 has lined up to test the demanding “Tight” turns of Pimlico. The Field: War of Will: Has mixed form, Kentucky Derby run was a clean trip early and then a troubled
- 2019 Preakness Stakes PreviewFor the first time since Grindstone in 1996, the Kentucky Derby winner won't be in the Preakness, since Country House bowed out a few days after the Derby. Even so, this Saturday's Preakness is a race worth getting excited about. It drew a field of 13, with a fascinating mix
- Handicapper’s Corner: 2019 Man o’War Stakes (G1)Maker Exacta in the Man o'War?By Laurie Ross, IMTBredsThe 1 3/8-mile Man o’War Stakes, held over the Belmont Park turf oval has a long and illustrious history. Previous winners include 2-time Champion Grass Horse Gio Ponti, Point of Entry, and the old veteran Twilight Eclipse who earned over $2 million
- SEASON 2 Episode 36 – Graded Stakes Races at Belmont for 5-11-2019Expert Horse Player Steve Duckhorn makes picks on Belmont Park Graded Stakes Races for 5-11-2019.Social Media: Twitter@offthechartshr, Facebook @offthechartshorseracing, available on iTunes, and favorite podcatcher. Google Podcast. Also available on Stitcher Radio , TuneIn Radio, Amazon Echo, and Spotify. Last Week Review: 13 Stakes Races - 1 Top Pick Winner.
- The Nomination Is In: The Kentucky Derby and the Turf ClassicRaging Bull (Fr): Photo by BenoitWelcome friends to The Turk and the Little Turk Blog, now in our 12th year of providing handicapping advice and betting strategy to an audience that never really asked for it.Today's the big day, the Grade 1 Turf Classic at Churchill Downs. To this handicapper,
- Brian Nadeau’s Road to the Triple Crown 2019: The Kentucky DerbyChurchill Downs: The GI, $3 million Kentucky Derby at 1 1/4 miles #1 War of Will (15-1): The reported inside speed drew worst of all, but, because of the two defections, he will at least get to move over one stall and not actually break from the extremely disadvantageous rail,
- Betting the 2019 Kentucky OaksAt about 6:10 pm ET on Friday, 14 three-year-old fillies will line up at the starting gate at Churchill Downs for the Grade 1, $1.25 million Longines Kentucky Oaks. Post positions were drawn, morning-line odds announced on Monday (you’ll find them here), and thus began the serious handicapping. The forecast calls
- Equibase Analysis: Who’s Most Likely To Win The Kentucky Derby?The 145th running of the Grade 1, $3 million Kentucky Derby presented by Woodford Reserve is one of the more wide open editions of the race in recent memory. Only one horse, Tacitus, has won two “Road to the Derby” races in succession and many of the favorites in prep
- 2019 Kentucky Derby PreviewTweet The 145th Run for the Roses at Churchill Downs will have a full field and a robust list of contenders, who bring proven talent, possible upside and recent form into this demanding 10-furlong distance. The scratch of Omaha Beach will lower the odds on several contenders. The 2019 Kentucky
- 2019 Kentucky Oaks PreviewTweet An oversubscribed field of 16 horses has entered the 2019 Kentucky Oaks. The key to this year’s race may be pace and post position. The 2019 Oaks Field Out for a Spin – The daughter of the speedy Hard Spun has won 3 of 4 races with the only
- Derby Do’s and Don’ts / Racing ReplaysThere can be so much info you need to decipher. That can be tough if you are starting the process and if you start with: The Paulick Report, Equidaily, Horse Racing Nation, The Bloodhorse.com, and Thedowneyprofile.com. – This will get you headed in the right direction. – Then, and only then